nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Landscape (Public) topic #70321
View in linear mode

Subject: "I have been away" Previous topic | Next topic
Mike Walters Silver Member  UK  Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2012 Tue 04-Dec-12 08:26 PM
48 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I have been away"

I have been away for a while, but now joined up again.Nice to be back amongst fellow Nikonians.

So thought I would post a couple of recent shots to celebrate my return...one shot in the lake District, the other nearer home at the Valley of the rocks.

Regards

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I have been away James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography
05th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: I have been away dagoldst Gold Member
08th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: I have been away DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer
08th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: I have been away umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs.
11th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: I have been away rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
11th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: I have been away Mike Walters Silver Member
14th Dec 2012

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography   Memphis, US  Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004 Wed 05-Dec-12 05:37 AM
10099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I have been away"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome back Mike I really like number two plus I find the road very interesting especially the split in the road at the top.

Nice work Mike!

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

Click on image to view larger version

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

dagoldst Gold Member  Little Rock, US  Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012 Sat 08-Dec-12 02:10 AM
2568 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I have been away"
In response to Reply # 0

Mike,

I really like these, especially the 2nd image. Well done.

David

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof " - Carl Sagan

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer   Phoenix, US  Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007 Sat 08-Dec-12 04:17 AM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I have been away"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome back! Spectacular scenes. I really like the composition on the first one. The rock in the water makes a strong anchor point and adds a sense of scale.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs.   Lexington, US  Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011 Tue 11-Dec-12 09:27 PM
2011 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: I have been away"
In response to Reply # 0

Way to make a comeback! Very nice images.

Scottie

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Tue 11-Dec-12 10:46 PM
4789 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: I have been away"
In response to Reply # 0

Very nice images,Mike. I also prefer #1. Welcome home.

Rick

Mike Walters Silver Member  UK  Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2012 Fri 14-Dec-12 02:10 PM
48 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: I have been away"
In response to Reply # 5

Thankyou all for your comments. Unfortunately had to have a small op on my shutter/grip hand and cant use it for a while but will try to get some additional images posted.

Nice to be back in the land of Nikon with no incessant talk about smartphone cameras!!!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Landscape (Public) topic #70321 Previous topic | Next topic