nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #69895
View in linear mode

Subject: "More Autumn colour" Previous topic | Next topic
Escaladieu Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2010Mon 19-Nov-12 04:18 PM
746 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"More Autumn colour"

Artiguemy, FR

Comments Appreciated

Personal Blog
http://www.blog-jeff-holdgate.co.uk

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: More Autumn colour
umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs.
19th Nov 2012
Escaladieu Silver Member
20th Nov 2012
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography.
19th Nov 2012
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
19th Nov 2012
jot2nik Gold Member
19th Nov 2012
Melman59 Silver Member
20th Nov 2012
Escaladieu Silver Member
20th Nov 2012
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
29th Nov 2012

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Mon 19-Nov-12 07:34 PM
1965 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: More Autumn colour"
In response to Reply # 0

Lexington, US

Really nice, Jeff. I'm blown away by the second one! Is it an HDR?

Scottie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Escaladieu Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2010Tue 20-Nov-12 08:44 PM
746 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: More Autumn colour"
In response to Reply # 1

Artiguemy, FR

>Really nice, Jeff. I'm blown away by the second one! Is it an
>HDR?
>
>Scottie

Nope, single exposure, a jpg actually, just bumped the shadows a bit in post.

Thanks for the kind words

J

Personal Blog

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Mon 19-Nov-12 10:37 PM
5008 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: More Autumn colour"
In response to Reply # 0

Boudry, CH

While I find #1 a bit on the dull side, I'm also a big-time fan of #2. A wallhanger!

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 19-Nov-12 11:16 PM
52453 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: More Autumn colour"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Two great images

Very well done.

As mentioned, the second one is for the wall.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

jot2nik Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2007Mon 19-Nov-12 11:20 PM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: More Autumn colour"
In response to Reply # 0

Troy, US

Wonderful Images both of them. Must be a special place.

John

Visit my Nikonian Gallery

Melman59 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Tue 20-Nov-12 12:46 AM
312 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: More Autumn colour"
In response to Reply # 0

Monroe, US

Hi Jeff,
I like both of these images a lot. Number two would be my favorite. I like the mysterious path. It makes you wonder where it leads.

However, I think number one has a lot of potential. To my eyes on my monitor it seems to be a little low on contrast. I checked the histogram out and it was pretty much spot on though. I hope you don't mind, but I tweaked your photo with a little contrast adjustment in curves and then used the selective color option to boost a few of the colors at little. What do you think? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it could be that my adjustment is wrong.

Thanks for sharing your photographs. I enjoyed them very much.

Tom

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Escaladieu Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2010Tue 20-Nov-12 08:42 PM
#6. "RE: More Autumn colour"
In response to Reply # 5

Artiguemy, FR

>Hi Jeff,
>I like both of these images a lot. Number two would be my
>favorite. I like the mysterious path. It makes you wonder
>where it leads.
>
>However, I think number one has a lot of potential. To my
>eyes on my monitor it seems to be a little low on contrast. I
>checked the histogram out and it was pretty much spot on
>though. I hope you don't mind, but I tweaked your photo with
>a little contrast adjustment in curves and then used the
>selective color option to boost a few of the colors at little.
> What do you think? I know beauty is in the eye of the
>beholder, so it could be that my adjustment is wrong.
>
>Thanks for sharing your photographs. I enjoyed them very
>much.
>
>Tom
>
>
>
>
>
Thanks for taking the trouble to do this, its a definite improvement !

J

Personal Blog

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Thu 29-Nov-12 01:25 PM
4822 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: More Autumn colour"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Fine images. The second as other have mentioned is wonderful. The suggested enhancements to the first did give it more pop which I think was missing a little in the original. Thanks for sharing these. Again, the second image is awesome.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #69895 Previous topic | Next topic