nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #69885
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hamburg from the River" Previous topic | Next topic
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Mon 19-Nov-12 06:43 AM
2546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Hamburg from the River"
Mon 19-Nov-12 06:44 AM by Antero52

Vantaa, FI

Photos from a riverboat cruise in Hamburg. I had no idea that the harbor of Hamburg is so huge. I found it incomprehensible that a city 90 km (55 miles) from the river has a harbor that’s bigger than the entire city of Cologne, for instance. The “New York Express” is 366m (1200ft) in length, with a draught of 13m (43ft).

All pictures with Coolpix P7100. The two shots of container vessels under gantry cranes are manually assembled panoramas. Photoshop’s auto function did a poor job of combining shots taken from a moving platform.

Regards, Antero

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)
Attachment #8, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Hamburg from the River
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
19th Nov 2012
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
20th Nov 2012
AartPapaya Silver Member
20th Nov 2012
Ineluki Gold Member
20th Nov 2012
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
20th Nov 2012
20th Nov 2012
Nitehawk5169 Gold Member
20th Nov 2012
21st Nov 2012
jtmcg Gold Member
21st Nov 2012
psf914
24th Nov 2012
25th Nov 2012
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
29th Nov 2012
30th Nov 2012

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 19-Nov-12 11:37 PM
52468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Very nice series.

Hamburg is really huge.

We called it the "Gate to the world"

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Tue 20-Nov-12 07:44 AM
2546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 1

Vantaa, FI

Thank you Gerold.

Regards, Antero

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Tue 20-Nov-12 09:13 AM
2882 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 2

Hectorspruit, ZA

Thank you for the info and a very nice series of pictures.

Aart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011Tue 20-Nov-12 03:55 PM
3327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 3

Nürnberg, DE

Very nice pictures of Hamburg harbour. Did you take some photos of Speicherstadt?

Regards
Egbert

www.allmondo.com

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Tue 20-Nov-12 06:01 PM
#6. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 4

Vantaa, FI

Thank you Egbert. Speicherstadt? I think that's where our river boat cruise started. I took some pictures when the boat was in the canal, but they are not worth publishing. I'd have neede a proper wide-angle lens to do justice to the handsome buildings.

Regards, Antero

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Tue 20-Nov-12 05:59 PM
#5. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 3

Vantaa, FI

Thank you Aart for your comments.

Antero

Nitehawk5169 Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2010Tue 20-Nov-12 10:41 PM
347 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 0

Williamstown, US

Antero,

Great series of shots of Hamburg, Germany. I keep going back to picture #2 because of the strange architectural design of that building. The strange thing is that I can't say I like it but it is different. I laughed when I saw the last picture and saw the 'Louisiana Star' riverboat. I could have been the Mississippi River and New Orleans. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Wed 21-Nov-12 08:57 AM
#8. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 7
Wed 21-Nov-12 12:22 PM by Antero52

Vantaa, FI

Thank you, Mike. You probably noticed the "Mississippi Queen" in #1 as well? The paddle wheels are not the only means of propulsion, however. Some of them appeared to have manouvering propellers mounted fore and aft.

As regards the house that expands upwards, our tour guide told us that heavyweight boxing champion Vitali Klitschko has bought a flat in it.

Regards, Antero

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Wed 21-Nov-12 09:48 AM
3957 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 0

Simsbury, US

Very.nice series Antero.

John

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 24-Nov-12 01:08 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 0

Traverse City, US

Very nice series Antero

I really like #3. Looks like you could be in New England in the Fall.

Peter

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Sun 25-Nov-12 03:35 PM
#11. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 10

Vantaa, FI

John, Peter

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards, Antero

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Thu 29-Nov-12 01:30 PM
4827 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Antero,

Wonderful series. I especially like the panoramas and most particularly I like the next to last image. That shot reminds me of pulling in port back when I was in the service. I particularly like the straight on bow shot. Well done.

John

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Fri 30-Nov-12 08:47 AM
#13. "RE: Hamburg from the River"
In response to Reply # 12

Vantaa, FI

Thank you, John.

In the ship's bow scene, I liked the way the ship's form and deck structure are reflected in the building.

Regards, Antero

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #69885 Previous topic | Next topic