Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #69765
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bouzies on the River Lot" Previous topic | Next topic
MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Tue 13-Nov-12 03:09 PM
3249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bouzies on the River Lot"

Camberley, GB

Taken back in October just before the autumn tints had really taken hold, this is the River Lot at Bouzies in southwest France. One of the locks is in the foreground and the undercut at the bottom of the cliffs is a walkway.

Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Bouzies on the River Lot
olivierrychner Gold Member
14th Nov 2012
MasterDabber Silver Member
14th Nov 2012
landism
15th Nov 2012
jdroach Platinum Member
15th Nov 2012
MasterDabber Silver Member
16th Nov 2012

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Wed 14-Nov-12 02:59 PM
4936 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bouzies on the River Lot"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

Hi Derek!

I like it, and especially the way the lock seems to be completely unfathomable - we can't really see where the surface is, and the cliff seems to be going down forever!

A nit though: the lighting was not the best there can be... but you did great!

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Wed 14-Nov-12 06:02 PM
3249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bouzies on the River Lot"
In response to Reply # 1

Camberley, GB

Thanks a lot Olivier. I hoped the "lock effect" would work out. This is on one of our favourite walks. In the cutaway at bottom of the cliffs there is a frieze of carvings in the rock (contemporary) that are very effective.
You're right about the lighting and the sky was pretty featureless... but what the heck, I thought I'd give it a go.
Derek

My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

landism Registered since 22nd Oct 2011Thu 15-Nov-12 10:27 AM
476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Bouzies on the River Lot"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

nice shot!

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Thu 15-Nov-12 02:31 PM
4538 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Bouzies on the River Lot"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Very nice image given the light....indeed, the light may have been your friend to create the reflections you got. Well done.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Fri 16-Nov-12 08:22 AM
#5. "RE: Bouzies on the River Lot"
In response to Reply # 4

Camberley, GB

Thanks a lot landism and jdroach. Much appreciated. An interesting comment regarding the light... I think you may well be right. Although the sky was all a bit grey and featureless it probably did help with the reflections. The river also helped in that respect as it was mirror like. A beautiful river btw, well worth a visit if you are down that way, lovely limestone cliffs everywhere.
Derek

My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #69765 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.