nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Marsel

Amsterdam, NL
4969 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Marsel Awarded for his masterful accomplishments in Nature Photography Awarded for his excellent white papers and product reviews for the Resources Basic Member
Tue 06-Nov-12 12:58 PM

Click on image to view larger version

>Click here for large version<

Early this year I was travelling in Iceland, scouting for locations for a new photo tour. I was prepared to see a lot of spectacular landscapes, people had even warned me that I would get hooked, but it still greatly exceeded my expectations. As a result I didn't cover a lot of distance each day - too much to see and photograph! And as a result of that, I stayed much longer than anticipated - which was not too bad by the way

This was taken at sunrise. I had set my alarm clock very early to check out the weather, and it didn't look very promising - completely overcast. The weather in Iceland changes quickly though, so I decided to give it a try anyway. When I arrived at the beach the clouds already started to move away and the sky opened up a little. Enough for some light and color to come through. Moments like this can disappear quickly, so I had to move fast. I shot three exposures to capture all the brightness levels and later merged them in PS.

Please view large!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Marsel van Oosten | Squiver Photo Tours

2013/2014 Tours & Workshops: Alaska | Iceland | Japan | Namibia | Spain | South Africa | Turkey | Zambia

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Ice Capades GiantTristan Silver Member
06th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades Rassie Silver Member
06th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades Melman59 Silver Member
06th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
06th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades jtmcg Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades glxman Silver Member
07th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades DAJolley Silver Member
08th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
08th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades Scotty45 Silver Member
08th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades Reilly M
12th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades gmth Gold Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
13th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Ice Capades Marsel Awarded for his masterful accomplishments in Nature Photography Awarded for his excellent white papers and product reviews for the Resources
13th Nov 2012

G