nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Landscapes Photography Video

Dark Wraith

US
88 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Dark Wraith Registered since 05th Apr 2010
Tue 17-May-11 01:25 AM | edited Wed 18-May-11 07:48 PM by Dark Wraith

I have returned to using video as a presentation medium for my photographs. This is the link to my latest effort, which features a particular type of landscape photography I do. Runtime in two minutes forty seconds.

Abandoned Landscapes

I must caution that the video is a large file produced in high definition, so you should wait a minute to allow some buffering before hitting the PLAY icon to watch the whole show. I need to work on reducing .flv file sizes. Also, the native size of the Flash player you'll see is 1280x720.

*(With thanks to those who noted the download time for the larger version, on 5/18 I am adding this smaller version of the Flash video with a 720 player width):
Abandoned Landscapes

All but one of the photographs were taken with a Nikon D7000 (one is with a Nikon D5000), using either a Nikkor 18-200mm AF-S VRII or a 50mm f1.4G AF-S.

Processing was done in ACR, then Photoshop CS4 or CS5. You'll see a variety of processing techniques, from three-shot HDRs to duotones, split tones, and even several done in whole or in part with the Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 plug-in for Photoshop.

Enjoy the show.

Dark Wraith
Professor, Writer, Photographer
See my Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Landscapes Photography Video