Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #58356
View in linear mode

Subject: "Almond Blossom Time" Previous topic | Next topic
robb Basic MemberThu 10-Mar-11 05:36 AM
1072 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Almond Blossom Time"

Central Valley, CA, US

Here in the California Central Valley, the ground is white, but not from snow.. its the intoxicating scent and sight of the hundreds of almond orchards and their wonderful blossoms.

first image: b&w in the orchards
D300
55mm
f/8 at 1/125 sec

second image: early morning at the farm
D300
38mm
f/8 at 1/350 sec

third image: vintage morning in the orchards
D300
52mm
f/8 at 1/60 sec

Best Regards,
Rob

http://www.robbohningphotography.com
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. -- Psalm 19:1

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Almond Blossom Time
jrp Administrator
10th Mar 2011
robb
10th Mar 2011
Erika Jordaan
10th Mar 2011
dohearne Silver Member
10th Mar 2011
STAN__LEE Silver Member
10th Mar 2011
n7vy Silver Member
28th Mar 2011
anselnot
29th Mar 2011
sharplady
01st Apr 2011

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 10-Mar-11 06:47 AM
34294 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Almond Blossom Time"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Beautiful.
They look a bit over sharpened.
Have you tried a deconvolution tool? For example FocusMagic or the Nik software?

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

robb Basic MemberThu 10-Mar-11 04:06 PM
1072 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Almond Blossom Time"
In response to Reply # 1

Central Valley, CA, US

Hi JRP.. I believe I re-processed the jpegs for the web by mistake instead of my normal workflow which is to process the raw or tiff, and then convert to jpeg and apply web output sharpening.

Best Regards,
Rob

http://www.robbohningphotography.com
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. -- Psalm 19:1

Erika Jordaan Registered since 19th Dec 2009Thu 10-Mar-11 10:28 AM
140 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Almond Blossom Time"
In response to Reply # 0

Montagu, ZA

mmm If you people from the Northern hemisphere start sharing spring photo's, it means our summer is on its way out... Time flies!

dohearne Silver Member Nikonian since 07th May 2007Thu 10-Mar-11 11:14 AM
814 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Almond Blossom Time"
In response to Reply # 0

Ludlow, US

Nothing evokes spring quite like a row of flowering trees. The B&W is my favorite.

STAN__LEE Silver Member Charter MemberThu 10-Mar-11 01:49 PM
6696 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Almond Blossom Time"
In response to Reply # 0

ROSEVILLE, US

Nice images, Rob. Good to know Spring is really on it's way! +1 for the B/W. stan

Stan Miller
A Roseville, CA Nikonian

n7vy Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Apr 2009Mon 28-Mar-11 07:30 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Almond Blossom Time"
In response to Reply # 4

Mesa, Arizona, US

I was just there visiting Rob, and thought the same thing.... That it snowed. I took about thirty images throughout central california of the flowering almond trees. What a sight!

Gordon

Cheap is relative to desire

anselnot Registered since 25th Aug 2007Tue 29-Mar-11 01:17 AM
985 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Almond Blossom Time"
In response to Reply # 0

St. Paul, US

Beautiful shots Rob. I tell you what....I'll trade you the snow!

Tim

TIMages Gallery 2010

"Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art." Ansel Adams

TIMages Photo Gallery

My Nikonians Gallery

sharplady Registered since 22nd May 2008Fri 01-Apr-11 10:00 PM
393 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Almond Blossom Time"
In response to Reply # 0

Union City, US

I would like to see the original images - to me these look oversharpened/overprocssed which takes away from the charm of the scenes.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #58356 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.