nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #19517
View in linear mode

Subject: "Zion National Park" Previous topic | Next topic
ZDude Registered since 28th Feb 2007Wed 16-Jan-08 02:33 PM
537 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Zion National Park"

US

Hi,

First post to this forum. Landscapes scare me quite frankly because I think they are one of the hardest things to photograph. Well, we went to Zion in April and I shot this in the morning while waiting for my wife and daughter to get ready for the day. Comments would be most welcome!

D200
12-24 Tokina
f/11 @ 1/125
Levels, etc in CS2

----------------------------
NAS - Taking it one day at a time!

A picture is worth a thousand words! I took a photograph and couldn't think of that many. I guess I'll keep trying!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Zion National Park
chimphappyhour
26th May 2007
Rassie Silver Member
26th May 2007
MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography
26th May 2007
Craig Clark
26th May 2007
camerapapi Silver Member
26th May 2007
MasterDabber
26th May 2007
Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography
26th May 2007
robb
27th May 2007
ZDude
28th May 2007
MstrBones Silver Member
29th May 2007

chimphappyhour Registered since 23rd Mar 2006Sat 26-May-07 04:41 AM
652 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Liberty, US

>Landscapes scare me quite frankly
>because I think they are one of the hardest things to
>photograph.

Really? I'm the other way, portraits scare me because the human brain is just so well developed to examine and judge faces with so little effort.

I like the combination of the blue and the green, it's the first thing that struck me. Guess it's because when I hear Zion, I'm expecting to see mostly red rock. I also like landscapes that I can look into and "wander around in". The peak upper left has a kind of "dreamy" haze to it, like it's feathered into the sky and anchoring it to the foreground.

Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Sat 26-May-07 03:10 PM
3041 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Milton, CA

If this is scary, bring them on!

This is a very pleasant landscape. Well done.

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Sat 26-May-07 03:28 PM
8582 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Livermore, CA, US

I think you've done a really nice job here with the composition, and the way the creek leads the eye into the picture.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery New (and improving): PMA 2007 Road Trip

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

Craig Clark Registered since 19th Oct 2006Sat 26-May-07 03:35 PM
319 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Nice composition. I like the way the water winds into the picture and helps connect the back mountains with the foreground. Don't be scared! Great shot

Craig

http://craigaclark.com/

camerapapi Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2002Sat 26-May-07 04:36 PM
1108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Miami, US

You are doing very well and if you ask me, I see no reasons with your technique and photographic knowledge to be scared of.
I do not think anybody can do this better! Lovely scene where the river plays an important role joining, on one side the mountains and on the other the unknown.
Colors are great too and exposure right on.
Afraid of what?

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

MasterDabber Registered since 10th Dec 2005Sat 26-May-07 04:53 PM
3278 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 5

Camberley, UK

A lovely composition and nicely exposed. Well done and thanks for posting..... Good One.

We really need a thumbsup smilie.
Derek
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Sat 26-May-07 05:45 PM
11613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

US

If this scares you, I can't wait until you have confidence

Great picture. Well composed and well exposed

Albert J Valentino
Nikonian Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Point Images
Mastery of Composition is the Key to Great Photography

robb Basic MemberSun 27-May-07 05:04 AM
1072 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Central Valley, CA, US

This is a beautiful shot. Nothing to be scared of..

Best Regards,
Rob

http://www.robbohningphotography.com
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. -- Psalm 19:1

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ZDude Registered since 28th Feb 2007Mon 28-May-07 11:59 PM
537 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Thanks alot for the comments, I really appreciate it. They make me want to go to Yosemite and take some more landscapes! Actually, I just went which is why I haven't replied thanking all you until now. Thanks again.

NAS - Taking it one day at a time!

A picture is worth a thousand words! I took a photograph and couldn't think of that many. I guess I'll keep trying!

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Tue 29-May-07 12:24 PM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Zion National Park"
In response to Reply # 0

AW

A lovely scene on what appears to be a wonderful day in the park.

""

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #19517 Previous topic | Next topic