nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #70458
View in linear mode

Subject: "Zoo Bald Eagle" Previous topic | Next topic
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 02-Jan-09 03:06 AM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Zoo Bald Eagle"

Knoxville, US

This guy is at my local zoo and I took his picture a couple of years ago. But I decided to go back to it and make a significant change (or three?) to the original picture. What do you think the change(s) was(were)? As a side note, it's interesting to see where our thresholds are for our pictures.

I won't give the shooting parameters away right yet.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sabre Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2006Fri 02-Jan-09 02:46 PM
4587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Zoo Bald Eagle"
In response to Reply # 0

Bedfordshire, UK

Hi Neil,

Bird is now bigger, you have a digital camera which is better, you now have a lens with a sweeter bokeh? But whatever the changes since your earlier attempts, this is a fine shot of a Bald, strengthened by the fact that it does not look like it is in captivity. Watch out for those bright highlights on the tail feather area though. Well done!

Steve (Bedfordshire, England)
My Nikonians Gallery- please visit and leave a comment
A Nikon in the hand is worth two in the bag!

Voodoo Registered since 29th Apr 2006Fri 02-Jan-09 03:53 PM
2979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Zoo Bald Eagle"
In response to Reply # 0

US

looks like there is some artifacts of a chain link fence across its back

Thanks for sharing,

Jeff

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 02-Jan-09 05:03 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Zoo Bald Eagle"
In response to Reply # 2

Knoxville, US

There are. I didn't bother fixing that.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #70458 Previous topic | Next topic