nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #36165
View in linear mode

Subject: "zoo pics" Previous topic | Next topic
ripal52 Basic MemberWed 16-Jan-08 02:29 PM
193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"zoo pics"

US

Hi all,
Between too much work, some health problems, and some really miserable weather I have barely touched my camrea in 4 months. So today, no work, feeling alright, and a temperature of 18 I went to the zoo. Seemed appropriate the most active animal was the snow leopard. Had a tough time shooting thru the fence but still had some fun.

Rick

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Raskal Moderator Charter MemberSun 18-Feb-07 01:49 PM
1814 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: zoo pics"
In response to Reply # 0

US

As a photographer who works with AZA Zoo's and animal parks, I know it's terribly hard to keep the enclosure from showing within the image. It's also difficult to get good lighting ... use of flash is important but will light up any barrier between you and the subject if you're not right on top of it.

That said, I like the exposure in the 3rd image best but the cat's expression of course in the 1st.

Skip Higgins
Member of the Nikonian Team
Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!

wpgf100 Platinum Member Awarded for his product reviews and other articles for the Resources Awarded for his shared and inspiring mastery of the art and science of photography Charter MemberSun 18-Feb-07 02:42 PM
3115 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: zoo pics"
In response to Reply # 1

Winnipeg, CA

"but still had some fun"

Between that and the three pictures you showed us. I would say you had a very positive day.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris Gray

Nikonians® - Worldwide Home for Nikon® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

My Nikonians Gallery
My Website
My Facebook

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #36165 Previous topic | Next topic