nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Mountain goat - Glacier NP, USA

lstavast

Allen, US
1071 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
lstavast Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Registered since 01st Jan 2003
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:24 PM

I had just had my F100 for a couple of months and made a pilgrimage back to the "old country" for a family reunion ( my parents emigrated from Canada before I was born).

The park and drives are WONDERFUL.

On the "Road to the Sun" (I think the right name), we stopped at the top and a couple of these goats came through the middle of everyone and just grazed away, seemingly unconcerned. I got several good photos of this one, and a mother and it's baby (is that a KID ?).

F100 - 80-200/2.8 with a Kenko 2x (forget the autofocus on this one even in bright light). Kodak Supra 100 and a fairly low fstop, shutter don't remember. I braced lens on a parking lot rail, sat on the parking lot and shot away from about 60 feet.

Not sure if the missing hair is mange or annual shedding of hair - this was in late July, and there was still lots of snow on the sides of the roads.

Great place to visit and see some wildlife up close.

Regards,
Lyle Stavast

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Lyle

G