Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #304
View in linear mode

Subject: "Animals in their habitat." Previous topic | Next topic
WV photo Registered since 23rd Feb 2002Wed 16-Jan-08 02:24 PM
169 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Animals in their habitat."

Ghent, BE

Hi Nature-Nikonians,

Mostly whe try to take a picture of an animal as close as possible. I also like pictures where the animal is just a little part of the picture. If you have any, let them see.

Greetings,
Wim

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Animals in their habitat.
Photophil
16th Jan 2008
Photophil
16th Jan 2008
NikF2AS
13th Mar 2002
Photophil
16th Jan 2008
dfg Silver Member
04th Mar 2002
Photophil
07th Mar 2002
Paul_Fisher Gold Member
16th Jan 2008
jtzim
16th Jan 2008
drjimbob Team Member
16th Jan 2008
wpgf80
16th Jan 2008
Photophil
16th Jan 2008
tjtrujillo
05th Apr 2002

Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography Basic MemberWed 16-Jan-08 02:24 PM
9987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"RE: Animals in their habitat."

Gent, BE

Here's one taken in the Kalahari desert of a few gemsbok, also called oryx.

Cheers,
Photophil
http://www.wildeyes.be

Cheers,
Philippe

WILDEYES / ARTERRA
Before You Attempt To Beat The Odds. Be Sure You Could Survive The Odds Beating You.

Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography Basic MemberWed 16-Jan-08 02:24 PM
9987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile

Gent, BE

And another one of mother bear and her cubs, taken on Kodiak Island, Alaska.

Cheers,
Photophil

Cheers,
Philippe

WILDEYES / ARTERRA
Before You Attempt To Beat The Odds. Be Sure You Could Survive The Odds Beating You.

NikF2AS Basic MemberWed 13-Mar-02 12:56 PM
376 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Animals in their habitat."
In response to Reply # 0

Melbourne, AU

>And another one of mother bear and her cubs, taken on Kodiak
>Island, Alaska.

This is just superd.I'm a sucker for backlighting.

regards,
jasper

Gent, BE

Butterfly in cornfield.

Cheers,
Photophil

Cheers,
Philippe

WILDEYES / ARTERRA

dfg Silver Member Charter MemberMon 04-Mar-02 09:48 PM
1083 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Animals in their habitat."
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

>Butterfly in cornfield.

Nice butterfly - but is that really what corn looks like over in Belgium? I'm a city boy, but I'd put my money on wheat ....

Doug G.

Doug G

Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography Basic MemberThu 07-Mar-02 10:29 AM
#2. "RE: Animals in their habitat."
In response to Reply # 1

Gent, BE

Euh... could be. I have a very poor knowledge about plants.

Cheers,
Photophil

Cheers,
Philippe

WILDEYES / ARTERRA

Paul_Fisher Gold Member Awarded for his multiple article contributions Charter MemberWed 16-Jan-08 02:24 PM
12788 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile

Perth, AU

Here is an obligatory Aussie kangaroo photo. Taken with my old F60 and an - ahem! - Vivitar 100-300, hand held. The Vivitar is now long gone. These roos live in a big paddock adjacent to my daughter's high school.

Paul Fisher
Visit my homepage
Photography, engineering, musical instruments, family history & genealogy

Paul Fisher
Nikonian in Perth, Western Australia
My home page

jtzim Basic MemberWed 16-Jan-08 02:24 PM
153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile

Prince George, CA

Here's a hoary marmot, taken at Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada, last summer.

I love how these animals do such a great job of blending into their surroundings...

-Ted-

Ted Zimmerman

My Website

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. Charter MemberWed 16-Jan-08 02:24 PM
15520 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM

Bowie, US

Hello -

I guess a railroad track is part of a bighorn sheep's habitat, at least for this one. Along the Gunnison River, about 30 miles west of Canon City, Colorado.

N80 and Quantaray 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lens @ 300mm. Fujicolor 200, 1/350 at f/5.6. Handheld - with me trotting along the edge of the river to keep up with him and his harem, pausing every now and then to take a picture. Not a very good shot, but this is when we were both in the area....

Happy Shooting – Bob T!!

A BAD DAY BEHIND A NIKON BEATS A GOOD DAY BEHIND A DESK - Bob Tomerlin
My Nikonians Gallery

wpgf80 Wed 16-Jan-08 02:24 PM

Here is my offering

Was hiking around the bush and disturbed this one's sleep. She scratched hereself then lay down again.

F80 50mm kodak 200 handheld

#5. "RE: Animals in their habitat."
In response to Reply # 0

Gent, BE

A frog in the middle of frogspawn.

Cheers,
Philippe

WILDEYES / ARTERRA

tjtrujillo Registered since 23rd Mar 2002Fri 05-Apr-02 01:56 PM
1057 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Animals in their habitat."
In response to Reply # 5

North Las Vegas, US

Hey, wow, Photophil!!!! That was you??? This was me !!! The day after you came by and woke me up my wife kissed me and turned me into a prince!!!!!

By the way, that fly bait you used was really really yummie!!

Tom Frog; er Prince.

Tom Trujillo
The CUBAN NIKONIAN!
D700, D70s, F5, N70, 8008, F-PhotoT

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #304 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.