nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Texas Gulf Coast birds

mwagner1

Burnet, US
1924 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mwagner1 Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Sun 07-Apr-02 10:04 PM

Evening all....

Well, today I stood on a huge jetty close to Port Aransas...I now understand how bird photographers can burn huge amounts of film capturing Brown Pelican, Rosey Spoonbills, etc.....

I had my F5 and a 70-300mm set on Ap. Priority, at f/5.6, 3D Matrix, and dynamic auto focus....

What was the most fun was trying to catch the Brown Pelicans as the flew low over the water, and when they saw a fish, the DOVE!!!!

I am so frigging excited!! What is neat is that my parents are in the process of buying a house close to Rockport, and when the house is ready to move into, I will spend a lot of time there shooting coastal birds!!! The house is no more than one hour from some of the best coastal bird photography locations!!!!!!!!

I will be at my photo developer's shop early tomorrow morning to get the slides developed, and if I get some great images, they will be posted here as soon as I can get them scanned!!! Of course, this WAS my first attempt at cathing birds in flight, so none of the images may come out...but hey, there will hopefully be at least a few decent images...

I can hardly wait....

Cheers,

Mark in Austin

Mark, an Austin Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G