nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wildlife telephoto zooms.

Mr_Eric

Santa Barbera, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Mr_Eric Registered since 16th Mar 2002
Sat 16-Mar-02 08:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I have been lingering around the Nikonians Forum for the past few weeks and decided to finally register and ask some questions. I am very interested in Wildlife photography and wanted some input on lens choices for an F100. I've been researching various telephoto zooms but I am not sure which would be best for my price range. The most I would spend is around $750-800. Lens quality is my number one priority but I would also like a descent zoom range. The Tokina 100-300mm f/4 AT-X 340 AF II seems to fit my criteria, but I was wondering if there are any Manual focus lenses out there with a longer range, or perhaps, better quality that I should be looking at. I am also uncertain as to whether an 80-200 f/2.8 or a 100-300 f/4 would work best with a teleconverter.

Thanks,
Eric

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wildlife telephoto zooms.

G