nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
reddish

UK
231 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
reddish Registered since 26th Mar 2006
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:27 PM

The attached is taken with a D200 on a tripod using a sigma 70-200 and 2x converter. I haven't received my remote yet for this camera. So the shot was taken "manually" and not on the timer as the gorilla would have moved on by the time the min 2 sec went by.

The lenses were purchsaed as my previous D70 set up, I believe now I need to invest in a nikkor lens and have been advised that the Nikkor 70-200 with VR will help considerably.

ALso the exposure, using spot, I attempted to focus on the eyes etc but as u can see this handsome chap is difficult to catch his eye. I have messed around with levels etc and this seems to flatten and lose some of the colour.

Advice on lens and expousre and post processing would be appreciated. Also would using flash help, but I am concerend about using direct flash with animals.

The web site of the local zoo; Island of Jersey. " Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust".

http://www.durrellwildlife.org/index.cfm?a=21

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Graeme :)

G