Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #171777
View in linear mode

Subject: "The Transfer..................." Previous topic | Next topic
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 22-Jan-14 06:05 AM
6503 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"The Transfer..................."

US

Here it is, the elusive transfer. Most all the photographers that shoot regularly try to capture what we all refer to as the transfer. This is an act the Eagle will perform sometimes soon after the catch where he will transfer the fish from his talons into his mouth while in the air. It does not happen very often. I have caught a frame or two in the past but usually they are too far out of reach for me by the time this happens and I usually never get much more then one or two frames. This will be the layout I use for print.

You will have to click on the image, I couldn't get it to size here.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: The Transfer...................
clickhans
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
22nd Jan 2014
Asgard Administrator
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
22nd Jan 2014
Watto Silver Member
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
22nd Jan 2014
rb4good Silver Member
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
06th Feb 2014
cockers Silver Member
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
06th Feb 2014
Biker Bill Gold Member
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
06th Feb 2014
dm1dave Administrator
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
06th Feb 2014
labtrout Silver Member
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
06th Feb 2014
Rassie Silver Member
22nd Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
06th Feb 2014
jdroach Platinum Member
29th Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
07th Feb 2014
AartPapaya Silver Member
29th Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
07th Feb 2014
jgould2 Gold Member
31st Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
07th Feb 2014
mkbee1 Silver Member
31st Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
07th Feb 2014
Kipmm Silver Member
02nd Feb 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
07th Feb 2014
jot2nik Gold Member
02nd Feb 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
07th Feb 2014
slopoki1 Silver Member
02nd Feb 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
07th Feb 2014
brada Silver Member
04th Feb 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
07th Feb 2014
Totex Silver Member
10th Feb 2014
mnbuilder49 Moderator
10th Feb 2014

clickhans Registered since 10th Jul 2012Wed 22-Jan-14 08:19 AM
1161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

UM

How great you were able to capture this, congratulations!

best
hans

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 22-Jan-14 12:45 PM
6503 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Hans.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 22-Jan-14 10:56 AM
50351 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Very nice work

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 22-Jan-14 12:45 PM
#5. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thank you Gerold as always.

Watto Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2010Wed 22-Jan-14 11:03 AM
533 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Dongara, AU

Well done Scott, would have been a real buzz watching this.Glad you were there.

Cheers Glen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 22-Jan-14 12:47 PM
#6. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 3

US

Thanks Glen. It really is a buzz to watch, and not just this behavior but everything else they do was well. It is something I look forward to every year.

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Wed 22-Jan-14 01:13 PM
4174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Excellent capture, Scott. I really enjoyed this sequence.

Rick

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 06-Feb-14 08:57 PM
#21. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 7

US

Thank you Rick, I am glad you enjoyed this.

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Wed 22-Jan-14 02:26 PM
4229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 22-Jan-14 02:26 PM by cockers

Plover, US

Great sequence set Scott.

Al

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 06-Feb-14 08:57 PM
#22. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 8

US

Thanks Al!

Biker Bill Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2009Wed 22-Jan-14 02:39 PM
929 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

What a terrific wall mount this makes.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 06-Feb-14 08:58 PM
#23. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 9

US

Thanks Bill. And, yes it will be on the wall soon.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Wed 22-Jan-14 06:49 PM
11316 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Nice series Scott!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 06-Feb-14 08:59 PM
#24. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 10

US

Thanks Dave and thanks for the reference in your other post.

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Wed 22-Jan-14 07:39 PM
378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Bristol, US

Remarkable capture, Scott.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 06-Feb-14 08:59 PM
#25. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 11

US

Thanks Fred for the kind words.

Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Wed 22-Jan-14 09:56 PM
2852 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Milton, CA

Great pictures, Scott. I just learned something - I did not know these birds transfer the prey from claw to mouth in flight. That's neat!

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 06-Feb-14 09:37 PM
#26. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 12

US

Thanks Koos. Yep, it is very cool to witness as it does not happen often. I have been told they do this if they are in fear of having their catch stolen.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 29-Jan-14 11:52 AM
4492 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Totally cool, Scott. Thanks for sharing this unique perspective with such wonderful exposure and action.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Fri 07-Feb-14 02:00 AM
#27. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 13

US

Thank you John for the kind words, they are always appreciated!

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Wed 29-Jan-14 01:51 PM
2181 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Hectorspruit, ZA

This is so much more than just a great action photo. As a single photo the last one is to me a winner on its own. The background is not great but not distracting. The power of the wings and the light is just perfect. When are you coming for a photo shoot in my part of the world?

Aart

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Fri 07-Feb-14 02:05 AM
#28. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 14

US

Thank you Aart for your comments and kind words. I too wish the background was not there in the last one but it is what it is and for this series I will take it. I have tried every year there to get this series and always came up short in one area or another. This year I was lucky enough to capture two, the other I will post in time, they are still sitting in post. As for me coming to your neck of the woods, if I had the means I would be packed and on a plane now and would surly enjoy every minute if the trip. Maybe I will wind the lotto one day and come visit.

jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 13th Oct 2007Fri 31-Jan-14 05:26 PM
4390 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#15. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

El Segundo (Los Angeles), US

Hi Scott.

Great opportunity - captured! Super job getting this.

JIM

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Fri 07-Feb-14 02:07 AM
#29. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 15

US

Thanks Jim your comments are very much appreciated.

mkbee1 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2012Fri 31-Jan-14 07:56 PM
619 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

West Valley, US

Amazing!

It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Fri 07-Feb-14 02:07 AM
#30. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 16

US

Thanks Carl!

Kipmm Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Jun 2013Sun 02-Feb-14 05:09 PM
596 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 02-Feb-14 05:09 PM by Kipmm

St.Catharines, CA

Beautiful capture of the Eagle ....
I also love the collage nicely done Scott.

kip

Visit

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/25361

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Fri 07-Feb-14 02:08 AM
#31. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 17

US

Kip, thank you very much for your kind comments.

jot2nik Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2007Sun 02-Feb-14 05:23 PM
776 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Troy, US

Great shooting Scott.

John

Visit my Nikonian Gallery

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Fri 07-Feb-14 02:09 AM
#32. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 18

US

Thanks John....

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012Sun 02-Feb-14 11:32 PM
1333 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Homestead, US

Really done well Scott.
Rick

Visit
http://www.slopoki1.com/Nature

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Fri 07-Feb-14 02:09 AM
#33. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 19

US

Thanks Rick!

brada Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jan 2008Tue 04-Feb-14 12:57 PM
369 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

US

Nice series!

Why not make it into one panorama image? The last image might take a little work, but it would probably look pretty cool.

http://www.bradaphotography.com
my Nikonians gallery.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Fri 07-Feb-14 02:13 AM
#34. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 20

US

Thanks Brad. Your thought of the panorama was actually my first thought while in post. The problem I had with t was blending the water and then the background in the last image. I may try again with blending the water. The problem I had is the Eagle was not only fly forward which makes the waves in the water not line up very well but he is also flying up. Then I thought it just wouldn't look right with the last image with out a lot of work.

Totex Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2012Mon 10-Feb-14 03:19 AM
236 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#35. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 34

Houston, Katy, US

Efforts paid off, great captures.

Tony

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Mon 10-Feb-14 11:32 AM
3505 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#36. "RE: The Transfer..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Beautiful Scott. Great timing.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #171777 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.