Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #171265
View in linear mode

Subject: "lock and dam 14" Previous topic | Next topic
gkramer71 Registered since 29th Oct 2008Sat 18-Jan-14 12:52 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"lock and dam 14"

Chicagoland, US

I went to lock and dam 14 for the first time last Tuesday. It was amazing, the biggest problem I had was the eagles where to close. I was shooting with a D7100, a Nikon 80-400, and a1.4 telecoverter. I had a hard time keeping everything in frame, a lot of clipped off wing shots. I ended up taking the teleconverter off. This is my favorite shot of the day
D7100
Nikon 80-400
At 400mm
f 5.6
1/800 sec
iso 640

Gary Kramer
www.garykramerimages.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: lock and dam 14
Gene Duprey
18th Jan 2014
gkramer71
18th Jan 2014
Bump57 Silver Member
18th Jan 2014
Asgard Administrator
18th Jan 2014
slopoki1 Silver Member
18th Jan 2014
gkramer71
20th Jan 2014
RMcC Silver Member
20th Jan 2014
Biker Bill Gold Member
20th Jan 2014
af4nc Gold Member
21st Jan 2014
freedomfarm Silver Member
21st Jan 2014
dm1dave Administrator
22nd Jan 2014
jdroach Platinum Member
24th Jan 2014
clickhans
25th Jan 2014
Biker Bill Gold Member
25th Jan 2014

Gene Duprey Registered since 08th Feb 2013Sat 18-Jan-14 01:06 PM
242 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 18-Jan-14 01:06 PM by Gene Duprey

Cedar Rapids, US

Now you know why we like this location so much. I will be there tomorrow, Sunday the 19th.

Cheers,
Gene

gkramer71 Registered since 29th Oct 2008Sat 18-Jan-14 01:13 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 1

Chicagoland, US

I'm going back next Thursday on my day off. I would have gone soon but it's a 150 mile drive for me. But after seeing so many great shots I had to go!

Gary Kramer
www.garykramerimages.com

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Sat 18-Jan-14 03:03 PM
6528 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Good to hear you had a good time Gary, the shot you posted is a classic pose for sure. I was out last Wed. I am also thinking about making a trip up on Thurs or Fri depending on the weather. The lower temps looks good for Thurs and right now they are calling for mostly sunny skies. I have about the same drive you do coming from just south of Peoria. Maybe we will see you there.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sat 18-Jan-14 01:10 PM
50934 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Very nice shot

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012Sat 18-Jan-14 06:40 PM
1344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 18-Jan-14 06:40 PM by slopoki1

Homestead, US

Great timing on this shot Gary.
Rick

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit
http://www.slopoki1.com/Nature

gkramer71 Registered since 29th Oct 2008Mon 20-Jan-14 03:39 AM
#6. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 5

Chicagoland, US

Thank You

Gary Kramer
www.garykramerimages.com

RMcC Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Feb 2013Mon 20-Jan-14 04:19 AM
266 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

Northern Ontario, CA

Great shot Gary. Did you see it get anything?

Rose

Biker Bill Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2009Mon 20-Jan-14 10:30 AM
929 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Great shot. You caught the timing nicely to show the talons.

af4nc Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007Tue 21-Jan-14 06:11 PM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

Yardley, US

Great shor. Nice job with that camera/lens set up.

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

freedomfarm Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2013Tue 21-Jan-14 10:40 PM
562 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Nice capture! I guess that's a good problem to have, having to remove the TC : )

Steve H
Rock Creek, Ohio

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Wed 22-Jan-14 02:52 AM
11436 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Nice work, Gary!

Thursday look like it could be a good day.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Fri 24-Jan-14 10:11 PM
4543 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Nice shot, Gary. It was pleasure meeting you Thursday morning. I hope you had some more success then. It is too bad you couldn't stick around to meet David and Scott. See some pictures from the afternoon:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=161&topic_id=171895&mode=full

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

clickhans Registered since 10th Jul 2012Sat 25-Jan-14 07:51 AM
1161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

UM

NICE!

best
hans

Biker Bill Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2009Sat 25-Jan-14 10:36 AM
929 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: lock and dam 14"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Beautiful shot, Gary. If only we all had your problem.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #171265 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.