Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #162793
View in linear mode

Subject: "Seagul in Flight" Previous topic | Next topic
grnzbra Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011Tue 10-Sep-13 01:13 AM
282 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Seagul in Flight"

Springfield, US

I had gone to the beach to shoot the sunrise. After that I walked along the beach looking for targets of opportunity. When I saw this fellow, I just whipped the camera up and shot him. My wife thinks the pic would be better if the ocean were either a total blur or in sharp focus. I kinda like it the way it is.

D5100 18-200mm @200mm ISO 400 1/400 sec f/9

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Seagul in Flight
Antero52 Silver Member
10th Sep 2013
Ineluki Gold Member
10th Sep 2013
Asgard Administrator
10th Sep 2013
KnightPhoto Gold Member
02nd Oct 2013
af4nc Gold Member
03rd Oct 2013

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Tue 10-Sep-13 05:07 AM
2498 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Seagul in Flight"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

Nice capture. Hovering sea-birds like gulls and terns, and sometimes hawks and falcons, are fun to watch. They seek rising air streams and can stay put for minutes.

I like the way you captured the gull sharp and the waves are still recognizable. They give context, meaning location and wind.

In a perfect world I think the gull could be entirely above the horizon, but we don't live in a perfect world.

Regards, Antero

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011Tue 10-Sep-13 06:43 AM
2746 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Seagul in Flight"
In response to Reply # 0

Nürnberg, DE

You captured the seagull in a very fine light. A very nice photo.

Egbert

www.allmondo.com

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 10-Sep-13 05:48 PM
50271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Seagul in Flight"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Cool shot

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Wed 02-Oct-13 03:58 AM
4216 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Seagul in Flight"
In response to Reply # 3

Alberta, CA

Nice shot, I kinda like the waves level of blur. This is a Ring-billed Gull.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

af4nc Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007Thu 03-Oct-13 05:01 PM
3192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Seagul in Flight"
In response to Reply # 0

Yardley, US

Nice shot. I like gulls to practice panning.

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #162793 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.