nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #162631
View in linear mode

Subject: "Elk" Previous topic | Next topic
francine Silver Member  Thornton, US  Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007 Fri 06-Sep-13 02:22 AM
932 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Elk"

I went back to Brainard Lake yesterday for more Moose. It was overcast so it was hard to get a good picture from the road. Then I spotted someone set up with a tripod in the bog. Ok there I go and got wet up to my knees. I couldnt find my hiking boots in the storage box. The moose left early and thought I can get to Estes park. So off I went hoping to see Elk. As I was driving out of my right side I see something commming towards me and it was a giant Elk with a giant rack. of course my camera with long lens is in the back seat. I got to Estes park and drove all over and saw no Elk. I gave up and started my drive home. As I was passing the end of the town I took a double take and there they were. About 15 with one buck. The police eventually chased them away and they went to the golf course.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Elk stormpeak Silver Member
06th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk francine Silver Member
06th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
06th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
07th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk vcottman Silver Member
09th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk Scotty45 Silver Member
10th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk af4nc Gold Member
11th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk francine Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk Biker Bill
11th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Elk Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded as a Winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest
14th Sep 2013

stormpeak Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 29th May 2012 Fri 06-Sep-13 04:52 AM
197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 0

Beautiful captures of some great looking specimens especially that bull. They are so majestic to me.

Nice shot of bighorn sheep too.

francine Silver Member  Thornton, US  Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007 Fri 06-Sep-13 05:42 AM
932 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 1

The bull made sure all his ladies stay in line and get to the area they were headed for. If one strayed he was there to get her back in line it was amazing. He was HUGE.

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.   Vantaa, FI  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009 Fri 06-Sep-13 08:40 AM
2583 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 0

Handsome bull, handsome harem. Nice capture.

Regards, Antero

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community   Lowden, US  Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006 Sat 07-Sep-13 02:32 AM
12284 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice work!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on image to view larger version
Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports |Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2015

vcottman Silver Member  Denver, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Mon 09-Sep-13 07:11 PM
7619 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice series Fran! I love Estes Park.

Thanks for sharing,

Vaughn

A Mile High Nikonian

Photography: It's not what I do for a living---It's what I do for Life!
www.vcottman.zenfolio.com

Scotty45 Silver Member  AU  Nikonian since 20th Mar 2010 Tue 10-Sep-13 12:25 AM
1378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice series Francine. They don't seem to mind human habitat.....Scotty.

'Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetic Performance'.

af4nc Gold Member  Yardley, US  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007 Wed 11-Sep-13 01:08 AM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 0

Beautiful capture,

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

francine Silver Member  Thornton, US  Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007 Wed 11-Sep-13 03:43 AM
#8. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 7

they were so close and did not mind at all. The bull looked like he was posing for everyone.

Biker Bill   Lakeville, US  Registered since 01st Nov 2009 Wed 11-Sep-13 01:30 PM
929 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 0

He's got it right. After a day with the ladies he finishes with a round of golf. Thanks for getting the shots at all cost.

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded as a Winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest   Mississauga, CA  Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007 Sat 14-Sep-13 08:08 PM
6252 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Elk"
In response to Reply # 0

Cool shots Francine, that's one heck of a rack he's carrying. Still shooting with your D7100? What lens did you shoot with?

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #162631 Previous topic | Next topic