nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I Hate Turkeys

Chris Platt

Newburg, US
476 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Chris Platt Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2012
Sat 27-Jul-13 10:56 PM

Because they are so wary... One of these days I'll get some decent pictures of our local rafter. The group has grown substantially in the past three years. I'm guessing that there are at least 200 in this group that I have now taken to calling a "herd" rather than a rafter. They move in the early morning and late evening, so I usually see them on my way to work and on my way home - and never on the weekends when (and if) I can find the time for my hobby. I like to keep the D7000 and 50-500 on the passenger seat of my car when I commute just in case I see something interesting. These two shots were taken about a month apart on my morning commute. I stopped, rolled down a window and grabbed some hurried shots so I wouldn't interfere with anybody else in a rush to get to where they were going.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Visit my gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I Hate Turkeys rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: I Hate Turkeys STAN__LEE Gold Member Donor Ribbon Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: I Hate Turkeys af4nc Gold Member
28th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: I Hate Turkeys slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
28th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: I Hate Turkeys danshep Silver Member
28th Jul 2013

G