nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #160362
View in linear mode

Subject: "Oh. My Bad" Previous topic | Next topic
Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Tue 23-Jul-13 06:11 AM
771 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Oh. My Bad"

Townsend, US

Ok, I guess the whitetail were just playing tricks on me. Silly whitetail!

Here is one from Sunday evening, after my double-racked buck(s) separated themselves a little. For two nights in a row, the local bucks were being VERY cooperative! I love it when that happens. Comments and critique are always welcome.

Kelly

D7000
200-400 F4
370mm
F/7.1
1/250 sec
ISO 1600

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my website at http://kmorris99.zenfolio.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Oh. My Bad
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
23rd Jul 2013
Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest
23rd Jul 2013
af4nc Gold Member
23rd Jul 2013
Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest
23rd Jul 2013
Biker Bill
23rd Jul 2013
23rd Jul 2013
Lunastar Silver Member
23rd Jul 2013
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
24th Jul 2013
24th Jul 2013
vcottman Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
24th Jul 2013
PSAGuy Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
AartPapaya Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
AartPapaya Silver Member
24th Jul 2013
24th Jul 2013
AartPapaya Silver Member
25th Jul 2013
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
25th Jul 2013
26th Jul 2013
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Jul 2013

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Tue 23-Jul-13 07:38 AM
2563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

This is beautiful picture to be sure. Great poses, good detail.

In the 1930s, some Finnish settlers in the USA sent five whitetails to Finland. Now, tens of thousands are hunted down every year.

Regards, Antero

Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Tue 23-Jul-13 02:29 PM
771 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 1

Townsend, US

Thank you, Antero! They are a prolific breed, to be sure. I had never heard that Finland have whitetail. That is very interesting. Whitetail hunting is big business in the US, and it sounds like it is there, as well. Thank you for replying!

Kelly

My Nikonians Gallery

af4nc Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007Tue 23-Jul-13 11:59 AM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

Yardley, US

Beautiful shot, very nice. Love the color and detail.

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Tue 23-Jul-13 02:29 PM
#5. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 2

Townsend, US

Thank you very much, Tom!

Kelly

My Nikonians Gallery

Biker Bill Registered since 01st Nov 2009Tue 23-Jul-13 12:41 PM
929 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Looks like twins great shot

Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Tue 23-Jul-13 02:30 PM
#6. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 3

Townsend, US

Thank you, Bill!

Kelly

My Nikonians Gallery

Lunastar Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010Tue 23-Jul-13 11:49 PM
3320 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 6

Mankato, US

Awesome image, Kelly! I really like how you processed them-just what did you do in PP, if I may ask?

Hopefully, you can photograph there all fall!

Keep them coming!

Mark

www.mercuryoutdoorcommunications.com

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Wed 24-Jul-13 12:30 AM
11901 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Very nice! Great color and clarity.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Wed 24-Jul-13 04:41 AM
#9. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 8

Townsend, US

Thank you, Dave!

Kelly

My Nikonians Gallery

vcottman Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Wed 24-Jul-13 01:20 PM
7458 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

Denver, US

Great shot! Love the color.

Vaughn

A Mile High Nikonian

Photography: It's not what I do for a living---It's what I do for Life!
www.vcottman.zenfolio.com

Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Wed 24-Jul-13 02:18 PM
#11. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 10

Townsend, US

Thank you very much, Vaughn!

Kelly

My Nikonians Gallery

PSAGuy Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008Wed 24-Jul-13 02:23 PM
1292 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

Lake Elmo, US

Great shot....love the saturation and detail. I took out a cloth and wiped my monitor though thinking I had something on it. Check your sensor....looks like you have debris on it....see the white spots between the 2 bucks ? Great shot though.....really like that one !!

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Wed 24-Jul-13 06:39 PM
2958 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 12

Hectorspruit, ZA

Most likely flies. Spots on your sensor will be dark not white.

Aart

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Wed 24-Jul-13 06:42 PM
2958 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

Hectorspruit, ZA

This is a very good composition and exposure. On my monitor I would have toned the saturation slightly down.

Aart

Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Wed 24-Jul-13 08:30 PM
#15. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 14

Townsend, US

Aart, thank you very much for looking, and for your comments! I wondered myself if it might not be too saturated. I actually did tone it down a little in PS prior to posting, but perhaps it needs a little more? I toned down the saturation on the greens a bit, but surprisingly, that only affected the grass in the foreground, and had no effect on the trees in the background. I thought that was odd.
I don't know; I really like the contrast of their red coats against the lush green of the alfalfa field. But I suspected that it might be a bit more saturated than some would like. Thank you for the critique!

Kelly

My Nikonians Gallery

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Thu 25-Jul-13 05:57 AM
#16. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 15

Hectorspruit, ZA

Hi Kelly, I looked at you post again. The background seems to e fine. Where I came from this very, lush green is not common and I may be 100% wrong in my evaluation.
Since I started to do most of my direct PP in Lr. To fiddle with the individual color channels in Light Room is easy and very rewarding. I am sure Ps can do anything Lr can do and more but I find Lr to be much easier.

Aart

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Thu 25-Jul-13 08:45 AM
2563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 15

Vantaa, FI

Kelly,

Like Aart, when I first saw your picture, I thought the saturation was excessive. But I wasn't on my main computer and I've learned to keep my mouth shut about exposure and saturation until I've seen the photos on a calibrated system. But I just wanted to chime in regarding a green saturation change not affecting the trees. The most likely reason is post-processing software, or Adobe's at least, regards most trees as yellow. You can try reducing yellow saturation. Or in Adobe products you can use "TAT" (targeted adjustment tool) to click on a point in the image and drag up or down to increase/decrease saturation of that particular color.

Regards, Antero

Morris in MT Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007Fri 26-Jul-13 05:00 AM
#18. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 17

Townsend, US

Antero,
Thank you very much for the explanation, and for the work-around!
I had never even heard of the Targeted Adjustment Tool. It is people like you who make this site so awesome!

Kelly

My Nikonians Gallery

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Sun 28-Jul-13 03:52 PM
4991 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: Oh. My Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Very nice!

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #160362 Previous topic | Next topic