nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips!

FutureFocus

Leominster, US
64 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
FutureFocus Registered since 18th Feb 2013
Tue 21-May-13 03:05 PM | edited Tue 21-May-13 03:06 PM by FutureFocus

What did you do in order to get nice shots (or to increase the probability of doing so) while on a whalewatch?

This will be my first opportunity to try mine on the high seas being a fairly new acquisition and the season is just a couple of weeks old.

Would you care to share any advice in order to improve my chances of nailing some great captures? What should I do doing and how should (what shutter speeds/etc.) the camera be set-up for flukes, breeches, bubble-feeding and taking shots of the harbor/coastline while out to sea/on the move?

Hope there's something to capture this time around as the last one I went on had none!

Prior trips included taking a video cam which will be left behind for obvious reasons.

Want to make the most of the new “baby”!

Thanks in advance.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
21st May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! avisys Silver Member
21st May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
21st May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! GiantTristan Silver Member
21st May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! bga123 Silver Member
22nd May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! GiantTristan Silver Member
22nd May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! FutureFocus
24th May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! K64drb Silver Member
22nd May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd May 2013
23rd May 2013
     Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! K64drb Silver Member
23rd May 2013
24th May 2013
24th May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! rwwright Platinum Member
23rd May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! CorVette98 Gold Member
24th May 2013
Reply message RE: Seeking any timely whalewatch techinique tips! rexster314 Silver Member
28th May 2013

G