Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #156890
View in linear mode

Subject: "Chipping Sparrow - D7100 - 300mm F4 AF-S " Previous topic | Next topic
cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Mon 20-May-13 09:52 AM
4232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Chipping Sparrow - D7100 - 300mm F4 AF-S "
Mon 20-May-13 09:53 AM by cockers

Plover, US

This weekend I wanted to concentrate on birds often overlooked by guys like me - the lowly sparrows. In this case the Chipping Sparrow - - - you know, when you take the time to really look at them they are quite beautiful!

Thanks for looking . . . Al

D7100, Aperture Priority, ISO 1000, + .33 EV, 1/500 sec., Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S + 1.4 Kenko @ 6.3, Induro AT413 tripod with BHD3 Ballhead and GHBA gimbal.

D7100, Aperture Priority, ISO 1000, + .33 EV, 1/250 sec., Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S @ 6.3, Induro AT413 tripod with BHD3 Ballhead and GHBA gimbal.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

t_jones Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Oct 2006Mon 20-May-13 12:06 PM
624 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Chipping Sparrow - D7100 - 300mm F4 AF-S "
In response to Reply # 0

Laurel, US

Al,
Great shots! I like the first one a little more than the second one, not quite sure why. These guys just don't sit still long enough here (at least when I'm close enough). Looking at these suggests I need to try harder!
Thanks for sharing,
Tim

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Mon 20-May-13 05:34 PM
4232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Chipping Sparrow - D7100 - 300mm F4 AF-S "
In response to Reply # 1

Plover, US

Thanks so much Tim - they are indeed shy little guys. I sat in one spot for more than an hour along our woodlot edge and it took three times out and in and out of cover before he would sit long enough to grab a burst of shots.

Al

Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Mon 20-May-13 06:07 PM
2889 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Chipping Sparrow - D7100 - 300mm F4 AF-S "
In response to Reply # 0

Milton, CA

Very nice.
These are my kind of pics. Contrast just right, and nice smooth light.

Cheers

My Nikonians gallery

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Tue 21-May-13 01:00 AM
#4. "RE: Chipping Sparrow - D7100 - 300mm F4 AF-S "
In response to Reply # 3

Plover, US

Thank you much Koos!

Al

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #156890 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.