nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #156263
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 High ISO" Previous topic | Next topic
rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sat 11-May-13 12:31 AM
4734 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 High ISO"

Very foggy when I started out this morning and the first bird I encounter is a Veery under a canopy of trees. It hopped up on a branch for me and let me snap off 2 shots. Was using Aperture Priority(F/7.1)with auto ISO set to 250 to 1600 @ 1/500 shutter speed. The camera ran the ISO up to my max of 1600 and then dropped my shutter speed below my set minimum of 500,ended up at 320. D7100,300F4,1.4tc.Ran it through Topaz Denoise and then Color Efex Pro 4 detail extractor. Pleasantly surprised how it came out. Not a wall hanger but I wouldn't even have bothered taking a shot with the D300.

Rick

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.   Mississauga, CA  Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007 Sat 11-May-13 05:42 PM
6144 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 High ISO"
In response to Reply # 0

Nicely done in capturing a usually shy & elusive bird. Graininess/noise is starting to show, but you're right I wouldn't even have tried with my D300 as well. I've shot photos of my grandchildren as ISO1250, which turned out quite well, but really haven't put it to the test with birds. Was this much of a crop?

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sat 11-May-13 07:28 PM
4734 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 High ISO"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Richard. 33% crop from a 1.3 crop mode image. Was just trying out auto ISO and may use it more but drop the max back to 1200. I have always been a manual shooter but have been experimenting with aperture mode with this camera. Haven't tried shutter priority yet. What mode do you shoot in ?

Rick

af4nc Gold Member  Yardley, US  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007 Sat 11-May-13 07:05 PM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 High ISO"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice job considering!

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sat 11-May-13 07:29 PM
#4. "RE: D7100 High ISO"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks Tom.

Rick

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #156263 Previous topic | Next topic