nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #155887
View in linear mode

Subject: "Week six osprey nest bad news" Previous topic | Next topic
slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Homestead, US  Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012 Sat 04-May-13 03:52 AM
1600 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Week six osprey nest bad news"

Did my weekly check and found only two chicks. Waited two and a half hours for the fishing bird to show but a storm kept me from staying any longer. Might check again this weekend.
Rick
http://www.slopoki1.com/
D300 w 300/4 and tc14e
f5.6@1/2500 sec iso 320 all three

Half dark Dove

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit
http://www.slopoki1.com/Nature

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Week six osprey nest bad news Scotty45 Silver Member
04th May 2013
Reply message RE: Week six osprey nest bad news slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
04th May 2013
Reply message RE: Week six osprey nest bad news Quickone4u
04th May 2013
Reply message RE: Week six osprey nest bad news slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
05th May 2013
Reply message RE: Week six osprey nest bad news VR8 Silver Member
04th May 2013
06th May 2013
Reply message RE: Week six osprey nest bad news rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
04th May 2013
Reply message RE: Week six osprey nest bad news Watto Silver Member
05th May 2013

Scotty45 Silver Member  AU  Nikonian since 20th Mar 2010 Sat 04-May-13 04:55 AM
1378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Week six osprey nest bad news"
In response to Reply # 0

Excellent photography Rick. Hard to select a favorite. #1 would have to come close.....Scotty.

'Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetic Performance'.

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Homestead, US  Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012 Sat 04-May-13 06:57 PM
1600 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Week six osprey nest bad news"
In response to Reply # 1

>Excellent photography Rick. Hard to select a favorite. #1
>would have to come close.....Scotty.
Thanks Scotty.
Rick

Visit

Quickone4u   Dry Fork, US  Registered since 02nd Dec 2008 Sat 04-May-13 05:22 AM
620 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Week six osprey nest bad news"
In response to Reply # 0

Awesome shots Rick! I can't pick a favorite between #1 and #3 Great action in #1 with good exposure and sharpness. #3 is beautiful with the BG and FG color mix and once again good exposure and sharpness. Lovely work!

Mike
Dry Fork,Va.

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Homestead, US  Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012 Sun 05-May-13 12:16 AM
#6. "RE: Week six osprey nest bad news"
In response to Reply # 2

>Awesome shots Rick! I can't pick a favorite between #1 and #3
>Great action in #1 with good exposure and sharpness. #3 is
>beautiful with the BG and FG color mix and once again good
>exposure and sharpness. Lovely work!
Thanks Mike.
Rick

Visit

VR8 Silver Member  Ottawa, CA  Nikonian since 04th May 2008 Sat 04-May-13 12:37 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Week six osprey nest bad news"
In response to Reply # 0

No.1 is great action, eyes , detail, color.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Homestead, US  Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012 Mon 06-May-13 03:54 PM
#8. "RE: Week six osprey nest bad news"
In response to Reply # 3

>No.1 is great action, eyes , detail, color.
>
>Victor
>
>My website: www.rakmilphotography.com
Thanks Victor.
Rick

Visit

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sat 04-May-13 08:22 PM
4734 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Week six osprey nest bad news"
In response to Reply # 0

Great Osprey pics, Rick, but love the dove.(too bad the tip of the beak is behind the leaf)

Rick

Watto Silver Member  Dongara, AU  Nikonian since 01st Mar 2010 Sun 05-May-13 01:04 AM
625 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Week six osprey nest bad news"
In response to Reply # 0

Great photos Rick , I suppose only the strongest survive. Big fan of Ospreys & # 2 is my fav. Love the dove photo as well ,looks very sharp and yes shame about the leaf.

Cheers Glen

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #155887 Previous topic | Next topic