Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #154683
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tufted Titmouse" Previous topic | Next topic
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Sun 07-Apr-13 12:30 AM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Tufted Titmouse"

Knoxville, US

We finally had a warm day here in Tennessee and I was able to haul the big lens out and have some fun! This little guy paid me a kindly visit. Shot with a D800 in DX, 200-400 @ 400.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011Sun 07-Apr-13 01:05 AM
2986 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Tufted Titmouse"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

Great photo! I enjoyed the warm day, too! Big improvement over a week ago, for sure.

I get a lot of these little birds at my feeder and the nearby perches, but they are FAST and very skittish. I'm going to have to spend some time in the blind to get a good image.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Sun 07-Apr-13 02:31 AM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Tufted Titmouse"
In response to Reply # 1

Knoxville, US

Yes! They are very elusive for such a familiar and social bird. I shot this through an open window which really helped.

Nice to see winter finally release its evil grip, isn't it??

cwils02 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2012Sun 07-Apr-13 03:03 AM
789 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Tufted Titmouse"
In response to Reply # 0

HIXSON, US

I gotten a couple of these as well, but not nearly as nice as this one. I haven't been able to even get a faceook worthy image yet. Hawks are a different story. Not sure why a couple of them look so washed out in my gallery.

About 35 years ago, I used to get a ton of these(titmice) in my yard at another place. They were not shy at all.

But, I have seen more bluebirds this year than all that I have ever seen total in my entire life. They can be very curious.

Thanks for sharing!

Charlie

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Sun 07-Apr-13 12:38 PM
#4. "RE: Tufted Titmouse"
In response to Reply # 3

Knoxville, US

Sounds like you need to get some more sunflower feeders out! LOL. I've had mine up for about 8 years now. I guess I have regular visitors. I usually have lots of bluebirds, too, but haven't seen many lately...

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #154683 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.