nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #154166
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wild Dogs" Previous topic | Next topic
niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Mon 25-Mar-13 04:13 PM
1886 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wild Dogs"

Mysore, IN

Dear All,

Its quite a time since I last posted except for commenting occasionally.
Its financial year ending in India, the business pressure is crazy. But me along with couple of friends took time of to visit the National park 100 KM away on Sunday mor. left early at 5 AM to catch the golden light we were lil lucky. I am posting one of the rare sights. The wild dogs also called "Dhole" We saw a pack of them I could count 12 of them,at least 2 of them Pregnant. Please note the thick Teak forest in the last shot. It is dry season so the foliage is less, two rains all will spout to thick growth.

Hope all of you will enjoy.

all shot with D3, Nikkor 200-400, ISO 400, F:5.6

1. 1/800, @ 290,
2. 1/500, @ 400,
3. 1/500, @ 310,
4. 1/500, @ 200

Pakku

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Wild Dogs
jot2nik Gold Member
25th Mar 2013
Jim Pearce Silver Member
25th Mar 2013
Scotty45 Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
26th Mar 2013
STAN__LEE Gold Member Donor Ribbon Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
26th Mar 2013
AartPapaya Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Mar 2013
Lunastar Silver Member
27th Mar 2013
af4nc Gold Member
27th Mar 2013
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Apr 2013
Brian_S
03rd Apr 2013
04th Apr 2013
qanik Silver Member
17th Apr 2013

jot2nik Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2007Mon 25-Mar-13 04:17 PM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

Troy, US

Wow Pakku, what a sight. Nice shooting the lighting is very nice.

John

Visit my Nikonian Gallery

Jim Pearce Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2004Mon 25-Mar-13 11:07 PM
4397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

Grimsby, CA

Wild indeed Pakku. Great shots and story.

Jim

Scotty45 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Mar 2010Tue 26-Mar-13 03:22 AM
1376 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

Swan Reach.Vic., AU

Nice shooting Pakku. I'd find it a bit un-nerving coming face to face with that pack. Are they a threat to us humans?....Scotty.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

'Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetic Performance'.

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Tue 26-Mar-13 06:58 AM
1886 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 3
Tue 26-Mar-13 07:00 AM by niknac37

Mysore, IN

No Scotty, they usually not, I think they know we humans don't taste good.I have met them on foot during Tiger Census in 201O. So far there is no report of them attacking Humans. But their canine tooth are are menacing.

Thanks for commenting

Pakku

STAN__LEE Gold Member Donor Ribbon Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberTue 26-Mar-13 04:14 PM
6703 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

ROSEVILLE, US

Hi Pakku, thanks for the images. I really liked the second one; very alert and intelligent looking! Many thanks. stan

Stan Miller
A Roseville, CA Nikonian

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Tue 26-Mar-13 07:11 PM
2883 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

Hectorspruit, ZA

Thank you Pakku. Not only did I enjoy the photos, I find the story and contents very interesting. I know, and photographed the African Wild dog, this is however 100% new to me. It looks more like a domestic dog, except for the very bushy tail. What I also find interesting is how much it look the African (wild) domestic dogs one find throughout Africa.

The last picture may not be an outstanding photograph but it is my favorite, showing the environment.

Aart

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Wed 27-Mar-13 08:05 AM
#7. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

Mysore, IN

Thank you John,Jim,Scotty,Stan and Aart for taking time and commenting.

Pakku

Lunastar Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010Wed 27-Mar-13 11:58 AM
3311 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 7

Mankato, US

Excellent images, Pakku! The dappled light and color provided by the woods is perfect!

Mark

www.mercuryoutdoorcommunications.com

af4nc Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007Wed 27-Mar-13 06:00 PM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

Yardley, US

Great capture

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Tue 02-Apr-13 05:29 PM
4832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Enjoyed very much...thanks for sharing. They are fine images.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Brian_S Registered since 28th Jan 2011Wed 03-Apr-13 08:11 PM
614 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 10

Thunder Bay, CA

excellent shots Pakku
love that last shot, looks like a beautiful place to take a walk

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Thu 04-Apr-13 09:12 AM
#12. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

Mysore, IN

Thank you Mark, Tom, Roach and Brian for good words & commenting

Pakku

qanik Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Dec 2007Wed 17-Apr-13 06:32 AM
221 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Wild Dogs"
In response to Reply # 12

Smithers/Stewart, CA

Paku very nice images, definitely lets you appreciate the environment they are in ,seems sad they too, like the wild dogs in Africa, are so endangered, thanks for sharing
Michael

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #154166 Previous topic | Next topic