Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #154121
View in linear mode

Subject: "Amsel" Previous topic | Next topic
tincam7 Registered since 07th Sep 2012Sat 23-Mar-13 08:59 PM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Amsel"

US

Hello again from Germany! I took this shot today, not expecting anything too great due to the darkness of the woods and the cloudiness of the sky. However it came out better than expected. I had to bump up the exposure about 3 stops in Photoshop. As I've said in an earlier post, I am in Germany for a few months studying. Today I came across a few birds, but this Common Blackbird, or Amsel (in German), let me get pretty close. I hope to have more (better) photos soon! Thanks for viewing!

1/200s f/4 ISO800 Nikon D7000 + Kenko Pro 1.4x TC + AF Nikkor 300mm f/4 IF-ED handheld

— Cameron

Check out my photography at www.tincam.weebly.com
Photographer | Teacher | Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

af4nc Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007Sat 23-Mar-13 10:14 PM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Amsel"
In response to Reply # 0

Yardley, US

Nice shot considering. You be surprised, what you can do!

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

STAN__LEE Silver Member Charter MemberSat 23-Mar-13 11:26 PM
6699 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Amsel"
In response to Reply # 1

ROSEVILLE, US

Hi Tom, been away for a while. Still on the lower end of the 'learning curve' so since I thought this was a pretty good image I was wondering what promted the 'qualifier *considering*. Regards. stan

Stan Miller
A Roseville, CA Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

STAN__LEE Silver Member Charter MemberSat 23-Mar-13 11:22 PM
6699 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Amsel"
In response to Reply # 0

ROSEVILLE, US

Hi Cameron. I like this environmental shot. The eye is tack sharp, there is a nice lead-in to the subject with nice detail and color. Stan

Stan Miller
A Roseville, CA Nikonian

tincam7 Registered since 07th Sep 2012Sun 24-Mar-13 07:19 AM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Amsel"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks Tom and Stan! It is surprising what one can do to a photo without really butchering it.

— Cameron

Check out my photography at www.tincam.weebly.com
Photographer | Teacher | Nikonian

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #154121 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.