nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #153293
View in linear mode

Subject: "GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ." Previous topic | Next topic
cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 01:55 AM
4446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."

Still in the UP and will be for the next two days. Today Snowies were the main subject and we ( son, daughter-in-law, my wife and myself) were able to find this willing subject on a fallen barn in the hay fields south of Sault Ste Marie. Surrounded by 3 feet of snow!

Thanks for looking - - Al

Nikon D300s, ISO 400, 1/2500 sec., .7EV, Nikkor 500p f/4, @ f/8 , w/1.4 teleconverter, Induro AT413 tripod and BHD3 Ballhead.

cropped to show detail

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . af4nc Gold Member
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . cockers Silver Member
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . AartPapaya Silver Member
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . cockers Silver Member
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.
03rd Mar 2013
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . thecad Gold Member
03rd Mar 2013
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
03rd Mar 2013
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
03rd Mar 2013
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . Jim Pearce Silver Member
03rd Mar 2013
03rd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . treadwl Silver Member
04th Mar 2013
04th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . ehall Silver Member
04th Mar 2013
04th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . VR8 Silver Member
04th Mar 2013
04th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . . slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
04th Mar 2013

af4nc Gold Member  Yardley, US  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007 Sun 03-Mar-13 01:58 AM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Beautiful shots, we don't get them here in Pa

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 02:17 AM
4446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the kind comments Tom!

Al

AartPapaya Silver Member  Hectorspruit, ZA  Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011 Sun 03-Mar-13 06:11 AM
3168 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Thank goodness these owls are not native here. I like your first composition. That talons combine well with the nails.

Aart

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 10:45 AM
#4. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 3

Thank you Aart.

Al

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.   Mississauga, CA  Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007 Sun 03-Mar-13 11:59 AM
6145 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Once again Al, well done, nice detail and exposure.

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 11:50 PM
#10. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks Richard - very much appreciated.

Al

thecad Gold Member  Grovetown, US  Nikonian since 20th Jan 2013 Sun 03-Mar-13 12:33 PM
249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Great pictures. I love how bright the white is on the owl. Looks like the owl is doing a little wink at the camera.

James Cadwell

When your mouth drops open, click the shutter. -- Harold Feinstein

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 11:50 PM
#11. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks Jim!

Al

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Mysore, IN  Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007 Sun 03-Mar-13 01:07 PM
1916 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Very mean look indeed Love the pose and the exposure. TFS

Pakku

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 11:54 PM
#14. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 7

Nice of you to comment Pakku - thanks!

Al

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 01:49 PM
4736 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

You've been having a great week,Al. Nice shots.

Rick

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 11:51 PM
#12. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 8

It has been good Rick - nice to be shooting after a month and a half of crazy work and travel!

Al

Jim Pearce Silver Member  Grimsby, CA  Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2004 Sun 03-Mar-13 02:29 PM
4397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice sharpness Al! This certainly has been a great winter for owl activity both in Ontario and the northern Midwest. Very exciting.

Jim

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 03-Mar-13 11:52 PM
#13. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 9

I definitely has been Jim - thanks so much for the comments.

Al

treadwl Silver Member  Sunrise, US  Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009 Mon 04-Mar-13 12:48 AM
1790 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Great shots and exposure. Love the blue sky and the nails make a nice touch. You have got to be loving this winter with the shots you have been getting.

Larry

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:46 AM
#17. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 15

Thanks Larry - yes I am happy with the shooting opportunities I've gotten the Winter.

Al

ehall Silver Member  South Orange, US  Nikonian since 12th Nov 2012 Mon 04-Mar-13 07:07 AM
376 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Al
Thanks for sharing these great shots.
Emory

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:47 AM
#18. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 16

Thank you Emory!

Al

VR8 Silver Member  Ottawa, CA  Nikonian since 04th May 2008 Mon 04-Mar-13 01:52 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Incredible face! Nice shots.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:27 PM
#21. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 19

Thank you so much Victor.

Al

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Homestead, US  Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:27 PM
1602 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: GGO to Snowies - owls 3 days in a row . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

Beautiful bird Al.
Never see them where I'm at.
Rick

Visit
http://www.slopoki1.com/Nature

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #153293 Previous topic | Next topic