nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #152601
View in linear mode

Subject: "River Bottom Birds And A Deer...." Previous topic | Next topic
Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Mon 18-Feb-13 03:56 AM
3398 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."

Here's a few waterfowl and my requisite deer. All captured not far from home along the river bottoms. D300, 300/4 with and w/o 14TC.

Mark

www.mercuryoutdoorcommunications.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
18th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... Lunastar Silver Member
19th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... jot2nik Silver Member
18th Feb 2013
19th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... spraay2236
19th Feb 2013
19th Feb 2013
     Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... Brian_S
20th Feb 2013
20th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... Scotty45 Silver Member
20th Feb 2013
20th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... ehall Silver Member
20th Feb 2013
21st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... AartPapaya Silver Member
20th Feb 2013
21st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... cockers Silver Member
20th Feb 2013
21st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... Jim Pearce Silver Member
21st Feb 2013
21st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... NatureDon Silver Member
21st Feb 2013
21st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... Tallow Silver Member
21st Feb 2013
21st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded as a Winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest
21st Feb 2013
22nd Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd Feb 2013
23rd Feb 2013
Reply message RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer.... af4nc Gold Member
26th Feb 2013
26th Feb 2013

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.   Vantaa, FI  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009 Mon 18-Feb-13 06:42 AM
2583 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

The landing mallards are great. I also like the deer in the snow (perhaps a bit better in landscape orientation?)

Regards, Antero

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Tue 19-Feb-13 02:26 AM
3398 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, Antero!

Mark

jot2nik Silver Member  Troy, US  Nikonian since 11th Jul 2007 Mon 18-Feb-13 03:10 PM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice shooting, like the colors and dof.

John

Visit my Nikonian Gallery

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Tue 19-Feb-13 02:27 AM
#5. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 2

Thank you, John!

Mark

spraay2236   US  Registered since 27th Feb 2012 Tue 19-Feb-13 01:02 AM
152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Number six is a real gem, followed closely by number five. I also like the deer in the snow.

Thanks for sharing!
SP

Learning a little bit more, every day...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Tue 19-Feb-13 02:29 AM
#6. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks, SP!

Mark

Brian_S   Thunder Bay, CA  Registered since 28th Jan 2011 Wed 20-Feb-13 05:38 AM
614 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 6

these are all fantastic shots Mark, but the last, wow, that is one sweet image, beautifully done!

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Wed 20-Feb-13 01:37 PM
#9. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks, Brian!

Mark

Scotty45 Silver Member  AU  Nikonian since 20th Mar 2010 Wed 20-Feb-13 06:14 AM
1378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice set of shots Mark. Looks a bit cold there.....Scotty.

'Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetic Performance'.

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Wed 20-Feb-13 01:40 PM
#10. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 8

Thank you, Scotty! it wasn't too cold when I snapped the deer image-about 25 degrees F with a to-the-ground overcast. But, it was -9 F when I took the waterfowl images. I photographed those at a warm water discharge area on the Minnesota river.

Mark

ehall Silver Member  South Orange, US  Nikonian since 12th Nov 2012 Wed 20-Feb-13 02:25 PM
377 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Mark
Great shots with such clear detail, thanks for sharing. All are great but the last one is a gem.
Emory

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Thu 21-Feb-13 12:26 AM
#14. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 11

Thanks, Emory! Lots of ducks equals lots of opportunities which means lots of mistakes and a few good ones!

Mark

AartPapaya Silver Member  Hectorspruit, ZA  Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011 Wed 20-Feb-13 02:35 PM
3225 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Mark, When I am a grownup I will also be able to takes shots like these. A delightful series.

Aart

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Thu 21-Feb-13 12:27 AM
#15. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 12

Thanks you, Aart!

Mark

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Wed 20-Feb-13 02:56 PM
4469 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Excellent set Mark - I'm really liking the Hen Mallard shots #3 and #5.

Al

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Thu 21-Feb-13 12:28 AM
#16. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 13

Thanks, Al! I like capturing the hens just as much as the drakes.

Mark

Jim Pearce Silver Member  Grimsby, CA  Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2004 Thu 21-Feb-13 12:40 AM
4397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Love the deer in the snow Mark.

Jim

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Thu 21-Feb-13 03:26 AM
#19. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 17

Thanks, Jim!

Mark

NatureDon Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007 Thu 21-Feb-13 01:32 AM
1047 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

I was going to say what Jim said, so I'll just repeat it. Love the deer in the snow. The body posture, snow on the fur, mature trees, everything.

Don

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Thu 21-Feb-13 03:28 AM
#20. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 18

Thanks, Don! Interestingly, despite fairly regular snowfalls I haven't gotten out in one until that day. We're in for 2 more storms this weekend so perhaps I'll get more images like that with antlered deer.

Mark

Tallow Silver Member  Niagara-on-the-Lake, CA  Nikonian since 07th Apr 2009 Thu 21-Feb-13 03:46 AM
1037 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

very nice shots Mark. I think the swan is my favorite. nice detail

Dave

Visit my 500px gallery.

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Thu 21-Feb-13 12:26 PM
#22. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 21

Thanks, Dave! It was fun watching that immature trumpeter trying to dislodge the down from it's beak-it was frozen in place!

Mark

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded as a Winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest   Mississauga, CA  Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007 Thu 21-Feb-13 11:01 PM
6246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Well done Mark, nice set of images, great detail in the bill of the Trumpeter Swan.

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Fri 22-Feb-13 12:09 AM
#24. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 23

Thanks, Richard!

Mark

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Milwaukee, US  Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009 Fri 22-Feb-13 02:34 PM
5318 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

I enjoyed your images. Nicely done.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Sat 23-Feb-13 01:20 AM
#26. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 25

Thank you, JD!

Mark

af4nc Gold Member  Yardley, US  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2007 Tue 26-Feb-13 12:47 AM
3194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Beautiful shots, nice capture

Tom MILLS
Its all about the light and composition
My best investment is my Nikonians membership.
af4nc@msn.com
www.tommills.zenfolio.com

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Tue 26-Feb-13 01:01 AM
#28. "RE: River Bottom Birds And A Deer...."
In response to Reply # 27

Thanks, Tom!

Mark

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #152601 Previous topic | Next topic