nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #152398
View in linear mode

Subject: "Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the rooker..." Previous topic | Next topic
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberWed 13-Feb-13 07:24 PM
6848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the rookery"

Philadelphia, US

Here's a image I made of Adelie Penguins announcing their presence in the rookery at Brown Bluff, Antarctica, a tuya located at the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula.

Nikon D4, Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikon TC-14E II 1.4x Teleconverter for AF-S, Focal Length = 270mm, ISO = 400, f/7, 1/2500 sec.

Brown Bluff supports a breeding colony of about 20,000 pairs of Adelie Penguins, as well as about 550 pairs of Gentoo Penguins. Brown Bluff is an amazing location. It's fairly rare that one can land there, as more often than not the seas are too rough for zodiac landings. It's one of the more amazing locations we visited in Antarctica.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the ro...
danshep Silver Member
13th Feb 2013
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography
13th Feb 2013
Garen T Silver Member
13th Feb 2013
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography
13th Feb 2013
NatureDon Silver Member
14th Feb 2013
14th Feb 2013

danshep Silver Member Charter MemberWed 13-Feb-13 08:16 PM
1362 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the rookery"
In response to Reply # 0

Olympia, US

Very nice. Lots of action in the eyes and open mouths.

"Today is the tomorrow that yesterday you spent money like there was no"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberWed 13-Feb-13 09:10 PM
6848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the rookery"
In response to Reply # 1

Philadelphia, US

Thanks very much.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

Garen T Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2013Wed 13-Feb-13 08:28 PM
161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the rookery"
In response to Reply # 0

Hawthorn Woods IL, US

Looks like they all had a lot to say!
Sounds like an amazing trip,can't wait to see more!

Garen
www.garentphotography.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garent/

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberWed 13-Feb-13 09:14 PM
#4. "RE: Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the rookery"
In response to Reply # 2

Philadelphia, US

You could hear them from more than a hundred meters away. More photos will be coming, but it takes time. Photos specific to clients come first. This one is going to a client, as it turns out.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007Thu 14-Feb-13 01:21 AM
1035 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the rookery"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Ned, Looks like an amazing experience. Gives me shivers just to imagine what it must have been like. Thanks for sharing.

Don

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberThu 14-Feb-13 04:27 AM
#6. "RE: Adelie penguins announcing their presence to the rookery"
In response to Reply # 5

Philadelphia, US

It was amazing. Both the scenery and wildlife are so different than elsewhere on the planet.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #152398 Previous topic | Next topic