Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #152308
View in linear mode

Subject: "Three head shots" Previous topic | Next topic
gmth Gold Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Nikonian since 10th Feb 2012Mon 11-Feb-13 04:31 PM
663 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Three head shots"
Mon 11-Feb-13 04:32 PM by gmth

Lewisville, US

I was at the Dallas Zoo recently and had the opportunity to get the three head shots shown below.
All with D4 f2.8 200mm iso=2000.

Glenn - Nikonian in North Texas - USA

my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gene Duprey Registered since 08th Feb 2013Sat 16-Feb-13 02:03 AM
242 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Three head shots"
In response to Reply # 0

Cedar Rapids, US

>I was at the Dallas Zoo recently and had the opportunity to
>get the three head shots shown below.
>All with D4 f2.8 200mm iso=2000.
>
>>face="verdana"]Glenn - Nikonian in North Texas -
>USA

>
>
>my
>Nikonians gallery>.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Glenn, nice shots of the Cheeta and Mountain Lion. Girraff is nice also, but the two cats are my favorites. The Cheeta looks a bit off color though, looks like he may be inside an enclosure with artificial lighting?

It has been a long time since I have been to the Dallas Zoo. I used to Live North of Dallas in Murphy, which is just East of Plano.

Cheers,
Gene

gmth Gold Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Nikonian since 10th Feb 2012Sat 16-Feb-13 10:21 PM
663 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Three head shots"
In response to Reply # 1

Lewisville, US

Thanks Gene...the cheetah was shot thru glass. He had quite a roaming space, but the glass offered a better view as the chain link fence segment had a lot of growth inhibiting a clear view.
The sun was hitting the glass from his side which may account for the
color variance.

Glenn - Nikonian in North Texas - USA

my Nikonians gallery.

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007Sat 16-Feb-13 10:29 PM
927 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Three head shots"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Glenn. The third is my favorite. Like the look in the face of that cat.

Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #152308 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.