nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #152297
View in linear mode

Subject: "Obsession" Previous topic | Next topic
bhench Silver Member  Hershey, US  Nikonian since 11th Sep 2009 Mon 11-Feb-13 02:18 PM
153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Obsession"
Mon 11-Feb-13 02:28 PM by bhench

I admit it. I'm obsessed with watching the Northern Harrier and the Short-Eared Owl.

Click on image to view larger version

I've got to start searching for some different birds.

Thanks for looking.

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.   Mississauga, CA  Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007 Fri 15-Feb-13 01:28 PM
6145 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Obsession"
In response to Reply # 0

The second image (Harrier) is spectacular Bob, clean & sharp. I'd love to get shots of either of their birds.

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

bhench Silver Member  Hershey, US  Nikonian since 11th Sep 2009 Fri 15-Feb-13 01:42 PM
153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Obsession"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you, Richard.
The problem is that I know where the birds will be and it's just a matter of waiting, but it is in a highly controlled wildlife management area with strict boundaries. So everyone sits in their cars along the road and waits for the show to happen. If you're lucky one or more birds will make a pass near you. Use a strobe and the other members of the Big Glass Gang would probably attack you. What it does prove, however, is the use of a car as a bird blind. If you step out of the car the show will likely come to a premature end.

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #152297 Previous topic | Next topic