Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #152297
View in linear mode

Subject: "Obsession" Previous topic | Next topic
bhench Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Sep 2009Mon 11-Feb-13 01:18 PM
153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Obsession"
Mon 11-Feb-13 01:28 PM by bhench

Hershey, US

I admit it. I'm obsessed with watching the Northern Harrier and the Short-Eared Owl.

I've got to start searching for some different birds.

Thanks for looking.

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography. Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007Fri 15-Feb-13 12:28 PM
6003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Obsession"
In response to Reply # 0

Mississauga, CA

The second image (Harrier) is spectacular Bob, clean & sharp. I'd love to get shots of either of their birds.

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

bhench Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Sep 2009Fri 15-Feb-13 12:42 PM
153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Obsession"
In response to Reply # 1

Hershey, US

Thank you, Richard.
The problem is that I know where the birds will be and it's just a matter of waiting, but it is in a highly controlled wildlife management area with strict boundaries. So everyone sits in their cars along the road and waits for the show to happen. If you're lucky one or more birds will make a pass near you. Use a strobe and the other members of the Big Glass Gang would probably attack you. What it does prove, however, is the use of a car as a bird blind. If you step out of the car the show will likely come to a premature end.

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #152297 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.