Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #151565
View in linear mode

Subject: " A first." Previous topic | Next topic
geno64 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2012Tue 29-Jan-13 10:58 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
" A first."

midlothian, US

Here are a few shots that were taken at the L & D 14, in Moline Illinois. This was my first attempt at shooting Eagles. I've planned trips to do this in the past and put it off, not wanting to deal with the cold. As my son says, I had to suck it up and just go. Hate it when the kids are right, but it was worth it. I'm sure they could be better, but I'm happy with what I came away with.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: A first.
francine Silver Member
29th Jan 2013
Garen T Silver Member
30th Jan 2013
geno64 Silver Member
30th Jan 2013
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
30th Jan 2013

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Tue 29-Jan-13 11:44 PM
896 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: A first."
In response to Reply # 0

Thornton, US

I think they are great. Iposted some and I really wasnted happy with mine. I did have some good ones but not the ones I wish were sharp. Yours are really good to me.

Garen T Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2013Wed 30-Jan-13 01:50 AM
161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A first."
In response to Reply # 0

Hawthorn Woods IL, US

Nice job Ira. Glad you sucked it up!
Love that warm light!
Were these shot with the 150-500??

Garen
www.garentphotography.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garent/

geno64 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2012Wed 30-Jan-13 02:31 AM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A first."
In response to Reply # 2

midlothian, US

Thanks. Glad you both liked them. These were shot with a D300s and my Sigma 120- 400. It's a bit sharper than my old, old Sigma 150-500. I'd love to have a 600mm Nikon. I just don't have the bucks.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Wed 30-Jan-13 04:32 AM
11697 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: A first."
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Nice work!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014[/font

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #151565 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.