nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #151527
View in linear mode

Subject: "36mp of goodness!" Previous topic | Next topic
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   US  Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007 Tue 29-Jan-13 03:36 AM
6734 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"36mp of goodness!"
Tue 29-Jan-13 03:36 AM by Bump57

I'm pretty sure in all the years of photographing Eagles I have never not cropped/ or straighten one until Sat. If he had turned his head just about 5*, I may have gotten his eye a little brighter, but I'll take it.

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D800
Lens: 150.0-500.0 mm f/5.0-6.3
Focal Length: 500mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure Time: 1/1250
ISO equiv: 220
Exposure Bias: -0.67 EV
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Color Space: sRGB
Photographer: Scott Sternberg
Copyright: © Scotts Fine Art Photography

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! backpacker24 Silver Member
29th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
29th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography
29th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
29th Jan 2013
     Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography
29th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
29th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! Photosage Silver Member
29th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! Garen T Silver Member
29th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: 36mp of goodness! massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
30th Jan 2013

backpacker24 Silver Member  Nevada, US  Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003 Tue 29-Jan-13 05:11 AM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd take it too. Awesome shot!

Craig

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   US  Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007 Tue 29-Jan-13 02:03 PM
6734 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank Craig.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography   Philadelphia, US  Charter Member Tue 29-Jan-13 01:08 PM
7193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 0

Scott, it's a terrific shot, but what point are you making concerning cropping or straightening out a photograph? Do you see a problem with a photo which has been cropped or straightened?

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   US  Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007 Tue 29-Jan-13 02:10 PM
#4. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hi Ned,

I think you misunderstood my post. I have no problem at all cropping or straightening an image, I have done so on well over three hundred thousand images, just not this one. The point is I don't often get one where I don't have to crop, especially a bird in flight this close. I hope this clears things up.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography   Philadelphia, US  Charter Member Tue 29-Jan-13 02:26 PM
7193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 4

Scott, obviously I completely missed that. Thanks for "straightening" me out. At least I didn't need cropping. (LOL)

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community   Lowden, US  Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006 Tue 29-Jan-13 03:25 PM
12218 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 0

Very nice and perfectly framed!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on image to view larger version
Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports |Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2015

Photosage Silver Member  Bellingham, WA, US  Nikonian since 12th Sep 2009 Tue 29-Jan-13 05:48 PM
125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 0

That is really a great shot Scott, thanks for sharing.

Ron

Garen T Silver Member  Hawthorn Woods IL, US  Nikonian since 20th Jan 2013 Tue 29-Jan-13 09:41 PM
161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 0

Great capture Scott! When I see shots like this it reminds me how much I need to practice my panning! You and Dave are great at keeping that bird in the frame even when you are zoomed in!

Garen
www.garentphotography.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garent/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tampa/Lutz, US  Nikonian since 07th May 2002 Wed 30-Jan-13 01:01 AM
11038 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: 36mp of goodness!"
In response to Reply # 0

Fine image.. what type of Eagle is this

Preston-(The Tampa Nikonian)..D610

-One does not know what one is missing - until you miss it..

My Website

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #151527 Previous topic | Next topic