Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #151003
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wood Ducks photo published" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 17-Jan-13 10:13 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wood Ducks photo published"

Traverse City, US

Just received this from a friend in Texas this afternoon. One of my photos from a series I shot on Wood Ducks. My job takes me all over the U.S. and along the way I always find time even on short stops as I'm traveling from state to state, to photograph the local wildlife and scenery. Looking forward to another year of adventures and exploring in 2013.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Wood Ducks photo published
dm1dave Administrator
17th Jan 2013
coolmom42 Silver Member
18th Jan 2013
JonK Moderator
18th Jan 2013
cockers Silver Member
18th Jan 2013
massulo Gold Member
18th Jan 2013
NatureDon Silver Member
18th Jan 2013
psf914
19th Jan 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator
19th Jan 2013
psf914
19th Jan 2013
Jim Pearce Silver Member
19th Jan 2013
psf914
20th Jan 2013
Sewerrat
28th Jan 2013
psf914
29th Jan 2013
cchoc Moderator
28th Jan 2013
psf914
29th Jan 2013

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Thu 17-Jan-13 10:23 PM
11279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

That is pretty cool – congratulations!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011Fri 18-Jan-13 02:26 AM
2970 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

Good deal!

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Fri 18-Jan-13 12:42 PM
4428 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Very nice!

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Fri 18-Jan-13 01:33 PM
4195 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

Plover, US

Very nice! Congratulations Peter.

Al

massulo Gold Member Nikonian since 07th May 2002Fri 18-Jan-13 01:52 PM
10456 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

Tampa/Lutz, US

Fantasitico....

Preston-(The Tampa Nikonian)..D300

-One does not know what one is missing - until you miss it..

My Website

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007Fri 18-Jan-13 09:32 PM
925 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Always look forward to seeing your work Peter. Glad to see it being shown around to others. Congratulations on the publication.

Don

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 19-Jan-13 02:07 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 6

Traverse City, US

Thanks everyone... it is gratifying to get a little recognition once in a while considering how much time us wildlife photographers devote to this.

Appreciate the kudos

Peter

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Sat 19-Jan-13 02:43 PM
3362 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Congratulations.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 19-Jan-13 11:00 PM
#9. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 8

Traverse City, US

Thanks Larry

Jim Pearce Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2004Sat 19-Jan-13 11:32 PM
4397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

Grimsby, CA

A nice shot Peter!

Jim

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 20-Jan-13 05:27 PM
#11. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 10

Traverse City, US

Thanks Jim

Haven't seen a lot of Wood Ducks around the country but when I have...I've always had my Nikon with me. I've pulled over on trips to a new project and just jumped out and grabbed a couple wildlife shots if they were in range. Always pays to have the camera ready to go when you need it.

cheers
Peter

Sewerrat Registered since 01st Nov 2012Mon 28-Jan-13 06:02 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Congrats on the photo publication!

I see you like ducks and you travel a bit. Have you ever been to Sylvan Heights Bird Parl in Scotland Neck, NC? I live in NC and just found out about the place a few months back. We've been once a month on our Goldwing trike ever since. Makes for a nice day trip. Highly recommend the place!

I have a D200 & just got a D5100. I went to Sylvan Heights about 2 weeks ago on a warm day to get familiar with it. You can check out http://stanwestfall.zenfolio.com/ if you want to see a small sampling of waterfowl & birds there. Most everything is relatively close too so one doesn't need a monster lens.

Seeing your photos, I think you would love the place too! Here is their link http://shwpark.com/ very friendly folks too!

Much continued success with your photography endeavers!

Stan aka Sewerrat

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 29-Jan-13 02:22 PM
#14. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 12

Traverse City, US

Thanks for the lead Stan

I could end up back East this fall...not sure yet. Appreciate the heads up...

cheers

Peter

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberMon 28-Jan-13 06:16 PM
4514 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#13. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

Congratulations Peter, great shot.

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 29-Jan-13 02:24 PM
#15. "RE: Wood Ducks photo published"
In response to Reply # 13

Traverse City, US

Thanks Charlie

Wood Ducks have been tough subjects to get close to so it's always nice when you find some close enough to get a lens on.

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #151003 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.