nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150929
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gentoo Penguin flying through the air while swimming" Previous topic | Next topic
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberWed 16-Jan-13 01:30 PM
6837 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Gentoo Penguin flying through the air while swimming"
Wed 16-Jan-13 01:34 PM by Ned_L

Philadelphia, US

Hi,

Here's a Gentoo Penguin flying through the air while swimming in Cierva Cove, located at the far northern end of Hughes Bay, at the northern end of the Gerlache Strait, Antarctica.

Gentoo's belong to the family of "Brush-tailed" penguins (Pygoscelis). They are the largest of the family, reaching a length of 20–36 inches (51 to 90cm) as adults. The Gentoo Penguin is easily recognized by the wide white stripe extending like a bonnet across the top of its head and its bright orange-red bill.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Wed 16-Jan-13 02:41 PM
5078 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Gentoo Penguin flying through the air while swimming"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Very cool shot, Ned!

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberWed 16-Jan-13 08:56 PM
6837 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Gentoo Penguin flying through the air while swimming"
In response to Reply # 1

Philadelphia, US

Thanks Jon. That photograph was made possible in large part due to the power of the Nikon D4. I was shooting at 10fps to get that.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Wed 16-Jan-13 10:13 PM
4468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Gentoo Penguin flying through the air while swimming"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Nice shot Ned.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberWed 16-Jan-13 11:04 PM
#4. "RE: Gentoo Penguin flying through the air while swimming"
In response to Reply # 3

Philadelphia, US

Thanks Larry.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150929 Previous topic | Next topic