nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150631
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just checkin..................." Previous topic | Next topic
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Sat 12-Jan-13 07:50 AM
6651 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Just checkin..................."
Sun 13-Jan-13 06:28 AM by Bump57

US

Again taken on a day with no light. I liked how he was checking up on his catch. I couldn't get the colors I wanted out of it so I tried some different processing with this one. Kind of the same routine I take some of my landscape work into.

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D800
Lens: 150.0-500.0 mm f/5.0-6.3
Image Date: 2013-01-06 11:46:44 +0000
Focal Length: 300mm (35mm equivalent: 300mm)
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure Time: 0.0006 s (1/1600)
ISO equiv: 1400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Color Space: sRGB
Photographer: Scott Sternberg
Copyright: © Scotts Fine Art Photography
Title: 20130106-SFA1042

Edited to update with current image.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Just checkin...................
VR8 Silver Member
12th Jan 2013
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Jan 2013
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
12th Jan 2013
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Jan 2013
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
15th Jan 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
13th Jan 2013
15th Jan 2013
vcottman Silver Member
15th Jan 2013
treadwl Silver Member
15th Jan 2013
jot2nik Gold Member
15th Jan 2013

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Sat 12-Jan-13 09:37 AM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

Wow! Nice catch!

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Tue 15-Jan-13 03:52 AM
6651 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thank Victor.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 12-Jan-13 10:26 PM
11752 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

This is another great angle and a unique shot from L&D 14.

So many of the shots we get there, even when they are spectacular, all have kind of the same look to them. Now that we have been doing this for a while it is shots like this that really stand out. Of the 100 or so photographers out that day I bet no one else got a shot like this. I would guess that I may get 4 or 5 shots a season, out of hundreds shot, that are truly special or unique.

That, of course, is why we keep going back!

Outstanding image!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Tue 15-Jan-13 03:58 AM
#5. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thank you Dave for your fine remarks. Your comments are so true. I hate to say it but one almost gets kind of jaded after a few years in the types of images one keeps today. Those that have been shooting there for a while are indeed looking for that unique look or pose, anything different that can set an image apart for the norm taken there. It's starting to look good on this end for this weekend. You going to make it?

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Tue 15-Jan-13 04:10 AM
11752 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 5

Lowden, US

Yep, I am still planning to be there this weekend.

I hope to get in a couple of hours tomorrow.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Sun 13-Jan-13 12:02 AM
4469 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

It looks to me like your processing works.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Tue 15-Jan-13 04:00 AM
#6. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 3

US

Thanks Larry, I'm glad you think so. Right now the weather is looking pretty good for this weekend. Are you still thinking of making the trip?

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

vcottman Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Tue 15-Jan-13 04:21 AM
7357 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Denver, US

Wow! Great shot Scott!! You superbly captured every single detail, including the dripping water in the eagle's wake. The eye position is perfectly unobstructed. Another wall hanger!

Good shootin'

Vaughn
Vaughn

A Mile High Nikonian

Photography: It's not what I do for a living---It's what I do for Life!
www.vcottman.zenfolio.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

treadwl Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Tue 15-Jan-13 12:12 PM
1743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Sunrise, US

Two outstanding catches---one for the bird, and the best one for you. Love the detail.

Larry

jot2nik Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2007Tue 15-Jan-13 03:13 PM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Just checkin..................."
In response to Reply # 0

Troy, US

Absolutely a wonderful capture. Great shooting.

John

Visit my Nikonian Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150631 Previous topic | Next topic