nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150246
View in linear mode

Subject: "Snowey Owl at Damon Point" Previous topic | Next topic
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Mon 07-Jan-13 02:36 PM
6239 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
Mon 07-Jan-13 02:37 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

A snowy owl at Damon Point in Ocean Shores,WA.
D800e, Sigma 150-500 OS, f/11, 1/640, ISO400.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point
jot2nik Gold Member
07th Jan 2013
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
07th Jan 2013
Nitehawk5169 Gold Member
08th Jan 2013
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
08th Jan 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
08th Jan 2013
vcottman Silver Member
09th Jan 2013
cockers Silver Member
09th Jan 2013
treadwl Silver Member
09th Jan 2013
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
09th Jan 2013

jot2nik Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2007Mon 07-Jan-13 02:42 PM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 0

Troy, US

Mick nice action shot, well done.

John

Visit my Nikonian Gallery

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Mon 07-Jan-13 05:51 PM
11747 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Very nice Mark!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Nitehawk5169 Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2010Tue 08-Jan-13 06:03 AM
347 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 0

Williamstown, US

Mick

Sweet capture!! This makes up for the shot with the other shooter in the background.

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Tue 08-Jan-13 06:40 AM
6622 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 08-Jan-13 05:55 PM by Bump57

US

Beautiful capture Mick. A very impressive bird. Nice work!

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Tue 08-Jan-13 05:49 PM
4468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Very nice. I have never seen a non captive owl during the daytime.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

vcottman Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Wed 09-Jan-13 11:57 AM
7339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 0

Denver, US

Very nice BIF!

Thanks for sharing,

Vaughn

A Mile High Nikonian

Photography: It's not what I do for a living---It's what I do for Life!
www.vcottman.zenfolio.com

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Wed 09-Jan-13 01:40 PM
4361 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 0

Plover, US

A beauty Mick!

Al

treadwl Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Wed 09-Jan-13 02:51 PM
1737 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 0

Sunrise, US

A fine flight shot.
How much of the full frame is this?

Larry

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 09-Jan-13 03:04 PM
6239 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Snowey Owl at Damon Point"
In response to Reply # 8

Tacoma, US

It was actually taken in DX Crop mode (4800x3200), then cropped in CNX to 3781x2521. So it's about 51% of the full frame.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150246 Previous topic | Next topic