Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150187
View in linear mode

Subject: "Two recent shots from my back yard" Previous topic | Next topic
Betty L Registered since 27th Aug 2012Mon 07-Jan-13 02:26 AM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Two recent shots from my back yard"

Oklahoma City, US

This little half-grown possum keeps coming to our yard to eat the crabapples off our tree. This is the 2nd time I've shot him. Of course, when it comes, it is pitch dark, so the image is obviously flashed. D800, 80-400VR, 5.3,1/60, ISO 640- possum
Sharpie, 5.3, 1/640, ISO 320, D800, 80-400VR

The Sharp-shinned hawk or its kin has been around for a number of years now. It regularly kills a dove in our yard, much to our dismay. And some days, we have no birds on the feeders, thanks to Mr. Sharpie.

Betty (formerly echorider)

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Mon 07-Jan-13 08:02 AM
2530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Two recent shots from my back yard"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

The possum is cute and your photo is perfect, with sharp detail and catchlight in the eyes. I clicked on the photo, hoping to see a larger one but there wasn't any.

Best regads, Antero

Betty L Registered since 27th Aug 2012Mon 07-Jan-13 03:52 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Two recent shots from my back yard"
In response to Reply # 1

Oklahoma City, US

>The possum is cute and your photo is perfect, with sharp
>detail and catchlight in the eyes. I clicked on the photo,
>hoping to see a larger one but there wasn't any.
>
>
You'll need to educate me. How do I post an image that can be clicked on and enlarged? This function wasn't possible back in the day when I posted regularly. So many things have changed!
I thought if I uploaded a large image, it would be over the limit, or else it would look so huge on the posting that it would be hard to look at!
This one was 600 pixels longest side. When I did one at 1000 pixels, it was huge on the forum.

Betty

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Mon 07-Jan-13 05:56 PM
11618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Two recent shots from my back yard"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Good job Betty!

I know I am a little lat ... but ... Welcome back to Nikonians!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Betty L Registered since 27th Aug 2012Mon 07-Jan-13 07:01 PM
#4. "RE: Two recent shots from my back yard"
In response to Reply # 3

Oklahoma City, US

>Good job Betty!
>
>I know I am a little lat ... but ... Welcome back to
>Nikonians!
>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Thank you, Dave, it is good to be back!

Betty

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150187 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.