nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150069
View in linear mode

Subject: "One from today I liked.........." Previous topic | Next topic
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Sun 06-Jan-13 04:58 AM
6607 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"One from today I liked.........."
Sun 06-Jan-13 02:19 PM by Bump57

US

Taken today L&D 14. It was very active today we just had no light. At one point there was 17 birds in the tree. This was shot at ISO 3200! The D800 Rocks..... Data intact...

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: One from today I liked..........
vcottman Silver Member
06th Jan 2013
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
06th Jan 2013
shibes Gold Member
06th Jan 2013
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
06th Jan 2013
VR8 Silver Member
06th Jan 2013
07th Jan 2013
rb4good Silver Member
06th Jan 2013
07th Jan 2013
efd123 Silver Member
07th Jan 2013
07th Jan 2013
Tallow Silver Member
07th Jan 2013
07th Jan 2013
coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”
07th Jan 2013
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
07th Jan 2013
jot2nik Gold Member
07th Jan 2013
Betty L
07th Jan 2013

vcottman Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sun 06-Jan-13 12:20 PM
7332 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

Denver, US

Very nice Scott! A somewhat different posture. I like it--Alot!

Good shootin'

Vaughn

A Mile High Nikonian

Photography: It's not what I do for a living---It's what I do for Life!
www.vcottman.zenfolio.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Sun 06-Jan-13 02:21 PM
6607 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Vaughn. As of late the different postures are what I am looking for.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

shibes Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Jul 2010Sun 06-Jan-13 01:52 PM
423 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

Houston, US

Nice colour combination. Low light gives it a nice soft feel. I agree with Vaughn - a liitle different - less of a power pose, but there's something about it that draws your attention.

LAS

Linda Schaible
@TailFeatherFoto
Houston TX Nikonian

For U.S. wildlife photo locations visit: TailFeatherPhotos.com

My Nikonians gallery
My Smugmug Portfolio

twitter: #tfpsighting for real-time wildlife sighting updates

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Sun 06-Jan-13 02:24 PM
#4. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thank you Linda for your comments. I totally agree with you. The different pose, soft light & color is what draws me to this image.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Sun 06-Jan-13 02:32 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

Its like he turned in flight for his portrait! Great shot!

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 07-Jan-13 02:58 AM
#7. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 5

US

Thanks Victor!

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sun 06-Jan-13 04:09 PM
4544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Very nice image,Scott. Do you use "Optimize for the web and Devices" to resize for posting and if so what do you check or uncheck to leave the EXIF data embedded.I use CS4 and have been told that the info can be left in it but it is stripped out on me when I resize. Thanks.

Rick

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 07-Jan-13 03:02 AM
#8. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 6

US

Sorry Rick, I do not use "Optimize for the web and Devices" . I have used it on occasion though. When you have the window open if you look over on the upper right you will see a check box for sRGB, then a drop down for preview and then a drop down for Metadata. Hit the drop down for metadata and choose "all" and you should be set.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

efd123 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2009Mon 07-Jan-13 03:17 AM
412 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

Eldridge, US

I’m still holding out for the mythical D400 and hoping it can get shots like this on a dreary day. When I get tired of waiting I know where I’m going to look for my next camera. I know exactly how bad the lighting was when you took this, I didn’t get a single shot on Saturday that was even close to this.

Dave

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 07-Jan-13 04:27 AM
#11. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 9

US

Thanks Dave,

I would still like to see the D400 but I am glad I stepped out of the waiting line. I had one of the first D300 so I was waiting a long time. I agree about the bad lighting for the above shot. I'm not even sure why we all stayed out there. Well I guess I do know why, the action was awesome. Today we had wonderful light at the right time, tons of fish (10 buckets LOL) and the birds decide to fish out of reach, go figure...... Still a fun day though. I have still not seen todays images..

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Tallow Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2009Mon 07-Jan-13 03:40 AM
962 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

Niagara-on-the-Lake, CA

Great shot Scott

Dave

Visit my 500px gallery.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 07-Jan-13 04:27 AM
#12. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 10

US

Thanks Dave...

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 01st Dec 2011Mon 07-Jan-13 04:36 AM
3098 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

The light is great. Nice capture of the tilted tail! Whoever said he was turning for his photo was exactly right, that's some serious rudder!

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Mon 07-Jan-13 05:20 AM
11745 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Nice work Scott!

You would never guess that this is ISO-3200.

It was great to see you today. I hope we get a few more weeks of good eagle conditions. See you next time out!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

jot2nik Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2007Mon 07-Jan-13 03:31 PM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 0

Troy, US

Love it Scott, good shot.

John

Visit my Nikonian Gallery

Betty L Registered since 27th Aug 2012Mon 07-Jan-13 03:59 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: One from today I liked.........."
In response to Reply # 15

Oklahoma City, US

Another great shot! Looks like he has something small gripped in his left claw, does he/she?
It's good to know I can possibly get this good of an image trusting high ISO with my D800.

Betty

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #150069 Previous topic | Next topic