nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
sffranky

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sffranky Registered since 11th Dec 2012
Thu 13-Dec-12 07:56 PM

Hi there,
I want to get into wildlife photography. I have quite a bit of amature experience with film cameras. I started with my stepfather's Yashicamat, moved on to a Nikon FM, then to a Leica M6. I used the Leica for street photography and environmental portraits - using a 35mm 1.4 prime only. I finally zgave in to digital a few years ago and bought a Nikon D70. I purchased two lenses: the 17-55mm 2.8 and the 24-70mm 2.8 and then - for many reasons - walked away. I really didn't like the D70 much. It had problems that I never got around to fixing.

So now I'm about to retire and I love the birds & wildlife around my home in Northern California. I put up lots of bird feeders and I'd love to start taking some pictures again - especially of the hummingbirds.

Since I'm already invested in some nice Nikon glass, I figured I'd get a new Nikon digital body and a longer zoom - say in the 70-200 range. I'm very interested in producing large prints. So, what would you reccomend? What would be the best body/lens combo for hummingbird pictures?

Thanks,
Franky

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Humingbirds