nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jfitzg14

US
135 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jfitzg14 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2012
Sun 25-Nov-12 12:18 AM

I am a new photographer. I am confused. I shoot a lot in the morning and the light is not always so good. I read articles and listen to people on this site, but I just can't figure out how to get my shutter speed high enough without raising my ISO too high.. I am using the 300mm 2.8 with teleconverters. I am now down to th 1.4. Even at 800 ISO I am still only at 1/125 in some cases. I use a monopod or hand hold. The result is not good. Is there another trick or method I am missing? I don't want to go to auto ISO. I want to try and learn the basics. I know this is probably very basic and rudimentary for this site. I have a lot of enthusiasm with very little skill at this point.. I could use some help.. Thanks in Advance.

I

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Confused LMMiller9 Silver Member
25th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Confused DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
25th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Confused Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest
25th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Confused jamesvoortman Silver Member
25th Nov 2012
     Reply message RE: Confused AreBee
25th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Confused AreBee
25th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Confused ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
25th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Confused dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
25th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Confused Scotty45 Silver Member
26th Nov 2012

G