nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #146019
View in linear mode

Subject: "Serene Young Mallard" Previous topic | Next topic
Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Sun 30-Sep-12 05:42 PM
3041 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Serene Young Mallard"
Sun 30-Sep-12 05:42 PM by Rassie

Milton, CA

I went to the pond behind the house this morning to test my new D7000. Of course as I made ready to shoot the skittish Great Blue Heron that was feeding in the pond, other pedestrians came along and, like bulls in a china shop, scared the bird away. Sometimes I wish I could ban people from the pond until I finish shooting. The trials and tribulations of the nature photographer.......

This young Mallard was more obliging, and, I'm happy to say, it seems the camera works just fine.

D7000, Sigma 150-500 @ 500 mm.
ISO 500, 1/1250 sec., F/9, tripod.

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sun 30-Sep-12 05:39 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Serene Young Mallard"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Colors, wake from moving and reflection make for a very nice shot.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Leighgregory Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2006Sun 30-Sep-12 07:00 PM
1610 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Serene Young Mallard"
In response to Reply # 1

Swindon, UK

Hey Rassie,

Nice photo, I really like the reflection...

Thanks

Leigh

A Nikonion in Swindon, UK.

My website

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography. Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007Mon 01-Oct-12 02:43 AM
6108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Serene Young Mallard"
In response to Reply # 0

Mississauga, CA

Wonderful reflection Koos, and congratulations on your new D7000. I understand what you go through with the noisy "interlopers". It's one of the reasons I like to go out on my day off (Friday); much quieter and peaceful.

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter MemberMon 01-Oct-12 03:25 AM
6853 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Serene Young Mallard"
In response to Reply # 0

Philadelphia, US

You might be upset about the Heron, but this is a really lovely shot. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #146019 Previous topic | Next topic