nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #145758
View in linear mode

Subject: "Touch of Fall Color" Previous topic | Next topic
rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sun 23-Sep-12 01:45 AM
4734 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Touch of Fall Color"

A couple of trees that had started to change color for fall were reflected in the water for these two shots. When I entered this area on a dirt road,I found a Merganser preening on this log. When I left an hour later there was a Great Blue Heron fishing in front of it.

D300,300F4,1.7tc,ISO400,tripod

F/8@1/200

F/8@1/320

Rick

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color cockers Silver Member
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color brada Silver Member
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
23rd Sep 2012
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.
23rd Sep 2012
24th Sep 2012
     Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color Lunastar Silver Member
24th Sep 2012
          Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color treadwl Silver Member
24th Sep 2012
24th Sep 2012
24th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color vcottman Silver Member
30th Sep 2012
30th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color Scotty45 Silver Member
01st Oct 2012
01st Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Touch of Fall Color Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
02nd Oct 2012
02nd Oct 2012

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 23-Sep-12 10:53 AM
4445 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 0

Both are very Nice Rick. Great color and detail.

The Heron is exceptional.

Al

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sun 23-Sep-12 10:38 PM
4734 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the nice comments Al.

Rick

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Sun 23-Sep-12 05:13 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, great job, Rick!

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

brada Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 29th Jan 2008 Sun 23-Sep-12 06:02 PM
473 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 2

Very nice! Where were these taken?

I am going to shoot the fall colors starting October 12th. I am flying into Dayton OH to meet my brother, but not sure which direction we are going to head.

http://www.bradaphotography.com
my Nikonians gallery.

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sun 23-Sep-12 10:52 PM
#6. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks Brad. These were shot in New Hartford Ct. The colors haven't really started yet. There is a tree here and there that has changed color but for the most part everything is still green. Upper and mid New England should be good in mid October (except along the coast). I don't know about Ohio though. You can check on line for foliage reports for areas that you are considering. Most states that have leaf peepers start putting out reports in the middle of Sept.

Rick

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sun 23-Sep-12 10:39 PM
#5. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks Anthony

Rick

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.   Mississauga, CA  Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007 Sun 23-Sep-12 11:58 PM
6145 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 0

Wonderful captures Rick. Love the colours on the water. Nicely composed and presented.

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Mon 24-Sep-12 11:22 AM
#8. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 7

Thank you very much,Richard.
Rick

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Mon 24-Sep-12 01:57 PM
3329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 8

Very well done, Rick-the heron is excellent!

Mark

www.mercuryoutdoorcommunications.com

treadwl Silver Member  Sunrise, US  Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009 Mon 24-Sep-12 03:14 PM
1790 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 9

Like the duck shot.

Nicely done.

Larry

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Mon 24-Sep-12 10:37 PM
#12. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 10

Thanks Larry. I was surprised at how long it stayed there and let me shoot it. Mergansers are normally very skittish,maybe it hasn't been shot at from something other than a camera yet.

Rick

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Mon 24-Sep-12 10:33 PM
#11. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 9

Thanks Mark,glad you liked it.

Rick

vcottman Silver Member  Denver, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sun 30-Sep-12 01:26 PM
7527 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice shots Rick.

Thanks for sharing,

Vaughn

A Mile High Nikonian

Photography: It's not what I do for a living---It's what I do for Life!
www.vcottman.zenfolio.com

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sun 30-Sep-12 07:16 PM
#14. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 13

Thanks Vaughn,it's always nice to hear from you.

Rick

Scotty45 Silver Member  AU  Nikonian since 20th Mar 2010 Mon 01-Oct-12 03:55 AM
1378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 0

Superb shots Rick. I couldn't choose a favorite....Scotty.

'Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetic Performance'.

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:18 PM
#16. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 15

Thanks Ian. I was rather fond of them both also.

Rick

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.   Vantaa, FI  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009 Tue 02-Oct-12 06:42 AM
2575 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 0

A wonderful location, particularly with the autumn colors. Fine shots. Looking at the heron's left foot I get the feeling that there was some current flowing, unless the heron was just moving its foot.

Regards, Antero

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Tue 02-Oct-12 12:00 PM
#18. "RE: Touch of Fall Color"
In response to Reply # 17

Thanks Antero. You're feeling is correct, the bird is standing in a river.

Rick

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #145758 Previous topic | Next topic