nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #145716
View in linear mode

Subject: "Solo Pelican" Previous topic | Next topic
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Sat 22-Sep-12 05:24 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Solo Pelican"

Same pelican as in my previous post (but a different image). Monterey, CA 2012

D700, 28-105, Apeture Priority 1/250s @ f/8, ISO 400
Comments welcome.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.
22nd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican Scotty45 Silver Member
23rd Sep 2012
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican cockers Silver Member
23rd Sep 2012
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
26th Sep 2012
26th Sep 2012
     Reply message RE: Solo Pelican Lunastar Silver Member
27th Sep 2012
27th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
28th Sep 2012
28th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Solo Pelican vcottman Silver Member
29th Sep 2012
29th Sep 2012

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.   Mississauga, CA  Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007 Sat 22-Sep-12 08:09 PM
6145 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice one Anthony, great exposure and detail against the bright sky. Nice to be able to get so close with a 105 and full frame!

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Sat 22-Sep-12 09:13 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you for the comment!

I think the birds around Monterey, CA are used to people being around them.

Anthony

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”   McEwen, US  Nikonian since 01st Dec 2011 Sun 23-Sep-12 02:38 AM
3258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 0

Great image. I love the subtle colors against that sky.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Sun 23-Sep-12 03:08 AM
#4. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 3

Thank you, Diane!

Anthony

Scotty45 Silver Member  AU  Nikonian since 20th Mar 2010 Sun 23-Sep-12 03:14 AM
1378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice one Anthony. Great details in the feathers.......Scotty.

'Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetic Performance'.

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Sun 23-Sep-12 04:08 AM
#6. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 5

Thank you, Scotty!

Anthony

cockers Silver Member  Plover, US  Nikonian since 25th May 2006 Sun 23-Sep-12 10:50 AM
4445 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 0

Great detail and very nice composition Anthony - - - well done!

Al

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Sun 23-Sep-12 05:04 PM
#8. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 7

Thank you, Al!

Anthony

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Milwaukee, US  Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009 Wed 26-Sep-12 10:53 PM
5187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 0

You did a nice job getting the color and detail out of this interesting bird.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Wed 26-Sep-12 11:42 PM
#10. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 9

Thanks, JD!

Anthony

Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Thu 27-Sep-12 04:15 AM
3331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 10

Very nice image, Anthony-great detail even with the overcast/bright BG!

Mark

www.mercuryoutdoorcommunications.com

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Thu 27-Sep-12 06:06 AM
#12. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 11

Thanks, Mark!

Anthony

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Homestead, US  Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012 Fri 28-Sep-12 02:19 AM
1600 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 0

Well done Anthony, nice comp, clarity, color.
Rick

Visit
http://www.slopoki1.com/Nature

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Fri 28-Sep-12 03:35 AM
#14. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 13

Thanks, Rick!

Anthony

vcottman Silver Member  Denver, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Sat 29-Sep-12 03:51 AM
7528 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 0

Very nice shot Anthony.

Thanks for sharing,

Vaughn

A Mile High Nikonian

Photography: It's not what I do for a living---It's what I do for Life!
www.vcottman.zenfolio.com

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rancho Cordova, US  Charter Member Sat 29-Sep-12 08:54 AM
#16. "RE: Solo Pelican"
In response to Reply # 15

Thank you, Vaughn!

Anthony

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public) topic #145716 Previous topic | Next topic