nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #145595
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ostriches" Previous topic | Next topic
niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Sun 16-Sep-12 03:03 PM
1886 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Ostriches"

Mysore, IN

Dear All,

Here is the next batch of birds these are worlds largest and heaviest birds. Masai(male) variants have pink neck and thighs, where as Somali ones have blue. The females are gray. Interesting fact is that they have only two toes.

I am eager to hear your reactions

Pakku

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Ostriches
Safariman
20th Sep 2012
niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Sep 2012
Scotty45 Silver Member
20th Sep 2012
niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd Sep 2012
Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography.
22nd Sep 2012
23rd Sep 2012
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
23rd Sep 2012
treadwl Silver Member
25th Sep 2012
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
26th Sep 2012
27th Sep 2012
slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
28th Sep 2012
vcottman Silver Member
30th Sep 2012

Safariman Basic MemberThu 20-Sep-12 03:15 AM
596 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

Nice shots!

The skew horizons in the last three can be easily fixed & would improve the images tremendously.

The colour variation is not caused by distribution, but rather by the time of year. In the mating season the males legs & neck turn red!

Safariman
Let Nature Get Close To You.
My Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Thu 20-Sep-12 04:53 AM
1886 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 1

Mysore, IN

Thank you Shaia for the comments. I would like to leave the natural settings always, but I will surely try out your suggestions.
About the coloration, I was given to understand by our guides and also from Jonathan Kingdon book mentions the same. I stand to be corrected if I have misunderstood the same.

Pakku

Scotty45 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Mar 2010Thu 20-Sep-12 05:10 AM
1376 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

Swan Reach.Vic., AU

Nice shots Pakku. #3 could do with some insect repellant.....Scotty.

'Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetic Performance'.

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Sat 22-Sep-12 07:22 AM
#4. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

Mysore, IN

Thanks Scotty, ya I agree with the insect repellent, we too need it in good coatings. TFC

Pakku

Dubes Silver Member Awarded for his high level of achievement and willingness to help others – most notably in wildlife photography. Nikonian since 16th Jun 2007Sat 22-Sep-12 08:05 PM
6108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

Mississauga, CA

Once again Pakku another great series from your trip.

If you shot in RAW and use Capture NX - might want to try using a colour control pint around the eyes to bring out a bit more colour & detail; looks like it was tough lighting to be shooting in.

Please Visit My Gallery and my website at www.richarddubiel.com
Richard

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Sun 23-Sep-12 10:03 AM
#6. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 5

Mysore, IN

Thanks Richard I will try out your suggestion.

Pakku

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberSun 23-Sep-12 05:17 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Another great series of images. I wondered about the dark spots then realized they were flies.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

treadwl Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Tue 25-Sep-12 12:08 AM
1737 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 7

Sunrise, US

I really like the last image. The detail in the feathers of this beautiful bird makes the shot for me.

Larry

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 26-Sep-12 11:08 PM
4827 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

I always enjoy seeing your fine work. Very, very, nice.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Thu 27-Sep-12 06:46 PM
#10. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

Mysore, IN

Thank you Anthony, Larry, and John for those nice comments.

Pakku

slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 13th Jun 2012Fri 28-Sep-12 02:14 AM
1507 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

Homestead, US

Nice series on these very huge looking birds Pakku.
I never seen them before so thanks for sharing.
Rick

Visit
http://www.slopoki1.com/Nature

vcottman Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sun 30-Sep-12 01:38 PM
7332 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Ostriches"
In response to Reply # 0

Denver, US

Very nice series Pakku.

Thanks for sharing,

Vaughn

A Mile High Nikonian

Photography: It's not what I do for a living---It's what I do for Life!
www.vcottman.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #145595 Previous topic | Next topic