nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #99
View in linear mode

Subject: "zoom control on the sb28" Previous topic | Next topic
Nor Basic MemberThu 19-Jul-01 01:48 PM
115 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"zoom control on the sb28"

Manila, PH

hello!

i was fiddling around with my newly acquired sb28 mounted on my F80 with a tamron 28-200. i noticed that the zoom setting on the flash only goes up to 85mm. so what happens if your focal length goes past 85mm? does that mean the flash won't cover that distance?

nor

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jnscbl Basic MemberThu 19-Jul-01 02:44 PM
3601 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: zoom control on the sb28"
In response to Reply # 0

US

It means the flash will still cover the wider angle of the 85mm lens at longer focal lengths. The effective range can be read from the LCD.---scott

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

iaron Basic MemberWed 19-Dec-01 09:53 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: zoom control on the sb28"
In response to Reply # 1

>It means the flash will still
>cover the wider angle of
>the 85mm lens at longer
>focal lengths. The effective range
>can be read from the
>LCD.---scott

It makes sense, but then what meaning has the upper value of the zoom range? Examples:
Nikon SB 28 zomm range: 24-85,
Metz 54 MZ3 zoom range: 24-105

Ionut

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #99 Previous topic | Next topic