nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #903
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is HS sync possible with N80-SB28?" Previous topic | Next topic
H_Beasley   Raleigh, US  Registered since 04th Feb 2002 Tue 05-Feb-02 08:30 PM
180 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Is HS sync possible with N80-SB28?"

I have read claims that it will work, I have yet to be able to get the FP mode on the SB28 when attached to my N80. The grid on page 86 of the N80 maunal says that it is possible with the SB28, 26 and 25 i think. The SB-28 manual only says the F5, F100 and the N90, N90s bodies will do it. I understand it is done in M mode (camera and strobe) and it (the strobe menu) simply scrolls through the various light strengths (1/1-1/64 and no FP between 1/1 and 1/64 where the manual says it should be...)

Is it possible? (I searched the message board and did not see a topic on this, if it is old news I apologize...)

HB

Nikon v. Canon? = What brand of chisels and brushes did Michelangelo use?

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

photobri   Phoenix, US  Basic Member Wed 06-Feb-02 01:40 AM
2334 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Is HS sync possible with N80-SB28?"
In response to Reply # 0

Unfortunately, it does not work with the N80.

(It is a great feature, I might add...)

Nikonian in the Phoenician Desert

http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=240939

Brian

Phoenix Nikonian

Fine Art Wedding Photojournalism

H_Beasley   Raleigh, US  Registered since 04th Feb 2002 Wed 06-Feb-02 03:04 PM
180 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Is HS sync possible with N80-SB28?"
In response to Reply # 1

That is pretty much what I thought, and I bought the N80 believing the same. There is apparently a person or two over on PopPhoto's message board claiming it can be done (moreso, that they are doing it) and I didn't think it could be done. I do find it interesting that the manual for the body says it's possible with not only the SB-28, but also the SB25 and 26 as well, hehe. Guess they copied the F100 grid into the manual and forgot to update it to match the body it was actually being released for...

Thanks again,
HB

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #903 Previous topic | Next topic