Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #853
View in linear mode

Subject: "which flash?" Previous topic | Next topic
hilbre Basic MemberSat 29-Dec-01 07:56 AM
1189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"which flash?"

NL

Hello,

Maybe you have answered my question already for many times, but i am searching for another flash unit for my f9 n90s). I will mostly photograph portraits and candids (in- and outdoors)with it.
I heard that the SB-28 and the SB-26 are well respected flashes, but what is the differnce between them? Can I get away with a cheaper flash such as an SB-24?

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day!

Hillebrand Breuker (Dutch Nikonian)
http://breuker.homestead.com/hb1.html

Have a nice day!

Hillebrand
Nikonian from the Dutch Mountains
www.breuker-photography.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jnscbl Basic MemberSat 29-Dec-01 02:56 PM
3601 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: which flash?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Can I get away with a cheaper flash such as an SB-24?

Yes.
---scott

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=149771

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSat 29-Dec-01 03:58 PM
35037 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: which flash?"
In response to Reply # 1

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Yes, as Scott said.
Here is an article by my partner Bo on the SB-24 he carries with his F5. He starts by saying: The SB-24 Speedlight flash unit is the ancestor of the SB-26 and SB-28 units and quite a number of photographers still use it. This page is devoted to all of you looking for more information regarding this specific flashlight.
Have a great time
JRP (Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) My profile, My Gallery
Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians: A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #853 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.